Ad hoc groups

Download the current ad hoc group rules for MPEG AGs and WGs here:

Ad hoc groups of MPEG 131

NameAHG on Quality of Immersive Media
Mandates
1. Study N19512 including the scope of quality of immersive media.
2. Study existing solutions and solicit inputs related to the quality of immersive media.
3. Study related activities within MPEG (e.g., OMAF, MIV, PCC, test/audio subgroup).
Chairmen
Christian Timmerer, Igor Curcio
Duration
Until the 132nd MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i@lists.aau.at
Discussion on Gitlab: http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/MPEG-I/ImmersiveMediaExperience
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i
Meeting
AhG online meeting on Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 13:00 UTC
Room Size

NameAHG on MPEG-I Visual
Mandates
1. Prepare committee draft of MPEG Immersive Video
2. Study profiles, tiers, and levels for MPEG Immersive Video
3. Update test model and reference software for MPEG Immersive Video
4. Define CTC for MPEG Immersive Video
5. Carry on core experiments of MPEG Immersive Video
6. Carry out exploration experiments on MPEG Immersive Video
7. Investigate dense light field content in immersive video applications
Chairmen
Bart Kroon (chair), Lu Yu, Joel Jung, Jill Boyce, Mehrdad Teratani (co-chairs)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
July 16, 21:00; July 21, 13:00; July 28, 06:00; Aug. 11, 21:00; Aug. 18, 13:00; Sep. 1, 06:00; Sep. 15, 21:00; Sep. 29, 13:00 (UTC, 2 h each)
Room Size
Oct. 8, 21:00; Oct. 9, 13:00; Oct. 10, 05:00 (UTC, 2 x 2 h each)

NameAHG on Font Format
Mandates
1. To study the technical issues outlined in the liaison statements from SC34 (m52545) and from CSS WG (m52854)
2. Identify possible approaches to solving confirmed technical issues, and communicate with the members of CSS WG to discuss and resolve any identified ambiguities that need clarifications, or requirements for new features and technology to support new functionality.
3. Develop and propose to WG11 the items that would become the basis for a new work item, and suggest a way forward.
Chairmen
Vladimir Levantovsky (Monotype)
Duration
Until 132nd (October 2020) MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-otspec@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-otspec
Meeting
Room Size

NameAHG on Haptics Support in MPEG
Mandates
1. Study Requirements for haptics as in N19511 and propose updates
2. Prepare a Call for Proposals for the coded representation of Haptics 
3. Study and propose methods to evaluate CfP responses
4. Collect test material for use with the CfP and subsequent specification development
5. Reach out to relevant industry and industry bodies and collect input from Industry on requirements and potential solutions
6. Encourage participation from interested parties in MPEG
Chairmen
Yeshwant Muthusamy (ymuthusamy@immersion.com)
Duration
Until MPEG132
Reflector(s)
mpeg-haptics@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-haptics
Meeting
bi-weekly calls are planned starting July 21st, at 1300 UTC. Dial-in details will be provided.
Room Size
n.a.

NameAHG on Essential Video Coding
Mandates
1. Finalize the text for Description of Verification Test of Essential Video Coding
2. Finalize the text for Guidelines for bitstream preparation for Essential Video Coding
3. Finalize the text for Text of ISO/IEC CD 23094-4 Conformance and Reference software for Essential Video Coding
4. Coordinate development of the ETM 6.2 software and its distribution
5. Coordinate the EVC verification test
6. Coordinate to generate the initial conformance bitstreams 
7. Discuss input documents to MPEG 132 relating to EVC
Chairmen
Kiho Choi
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-5@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-5
Meeting
05:00-07:00 UTC Sunday before MPEG
Room Size

NameAHG on Compression of Neural Networks for Multimedia Content Description and Analysis
Mandates
1. Collect more diverse types of models and test data for further use cases, and prepare a CfP for incremental network representation
2. Perform the CEs and analyse the results
3. Study the CD and improve the test model
4. Continue analyzing the state of the art in NN compression and exchange formats 
5. Continue interaction with SC42, FG ML5G, NNEF, ONNX and the AI/ML community
Chairmen
Werner Bailer (werner.bailer@joanneum.at)
Sungmoon Chun (smchun@insignal.co.kr)
Wei Wang (rick.wang@futurewei.com)
Duration
until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nnr@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-nn
Meeting
Thu/Fri before next MPEG meeting
Room Size
Intermediate calls:
o	week before CD deadline (find time slot per Doodle poll)
o	first week of September (find time slot per Doodle poll)

NameAHG on Low Complexity Enhancement Video Coding
Mandates
1. Review DIS ballot response and address ballot comments
2. Prepare for verification testing for LCEVC
3. Prepare LCEVC conformance bitstreams
4. Prepare WD1 of Conformance and Reference Software for Low Complexity Enhancement Video Coding
5. Discuss input documents to MPEG 132 relating to LCEVC
Chairmen
Walt Husak, Simone Ferrara
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
vcexp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
To subscribe, send e-mail to https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/vcexp
Meeting
Online meeting to be scheduled
Room Size
Thursday, Friday and Saturday before next MPEG meeting

NameAHG on Omnidirectional MediA Format (OMAF)
Mandates
1) Study the possible future amendments and editions for OMAF
2) Study the technologies under consideration and solicit contributions
3) Study OMAFv1 reference software and conformance and solicit contributions on missing parts
4) Solicit input on plan for OMAFv2 reference software and conformance
5) Prepare draft FDIS for 23090-2 2nd edition
6) Collaborate with relevant SDOs, e.g. VRIF, 3GPP SA4
Chairmen
Sachin Deshpande, Ye-Kui Wang, Youngkwon Lim
Duration
Until the 132nd MPEG Meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
1. Two hour meeting in the week of 21 September (via zoom)
Room Size
2. Meetings on Friday before MPEG 132:  4:00 PM- 6:00 PM, 6:15 PM - 8:15 PM, 8:30 PM - 10:30 PM CEST (via zoom)

NameAHG on MPEG-I Scene Description
Mandates
1. Progress the analysis of the capabilities of glTF2.0 and the agreed MPEG Extensions against the requirements for MPEG-I Scene description (N19448)
2. Refine the scope, architecture and normative aspects of the MPEG-I standard on “Scene Description” in N19445 and prepare CD publication for MPEG132
3. Develop a data model for the MPEG-I Scene Description by extending the glTF2.0 data model and taking into account MPEG media, system and delivery.
4. Define basic support for audio that interfaces with existing audio engines as well as allows to integrate existing audio codecs to provides basic “Scene Description”-based audio based on the design in the TUC (N19446), and verify the design with audio group
5. Harmonize with the MPEG-I 3DG/video/systems work and integrate video/3D/systems relevant metadata into the Scene Description.
6. Collect relevant test scenarios and test assets that support the development of the MPEG-I Scene description work according to clause 5 of N19447 including VR/AR/MR use cases.
7. Study the architecture of the Video Decoding Interface (N19443) and V3C Systems (N19441), map this to the MPEG-I Scene Description architecture and align terminology.
8. For each technology in the TUC (N19446), identify if it fulfills the requirements in N19447, clause 6 and if not, progress the relevant aspects, including reference software and test scenarios.
9. Progress the work on Scene Updates based on the documentation in the TUC (N19446)
10. Monitor ongoing scene description related work in the industry and in other groups and organizations, in particular Khronos
Chairmen
Thomas Stockhammer (tsto@qti.qualcomm.com)
Mary-Luc Champel (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Ozgur Oyman (ozgur.oyman@intel.com)
Duration
Until MPEG132
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-scene@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-scene

Please check gitlab discussions here:
http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/SceneDescription/MPEG-Contributions/issues
Meeting
Conference Calls
* Monday July 27, 2020 1pm – 2:30 UTC, submission deadline Thursday July 23, 2020 10pm UTC.
* Monday August 03, 2020 1pm – 2:30 UTC, submission deadline Thursday July 30, 2020 10pm UTC.
* Monday August 17, 2020 1pm – 2:30 UTC, submission deadline Thursday August 13, 2020 10pm UTC.
* Monday August 31, 2020 1pm – 2:30 UTC, submission deadline Thursday August 27, 2020 10pm UTC.
* Monday September 14, 2020 1pm – 2:30 UTC, submission deadline Thursday September 10, 2020 10pm UTC.
* Monday September 28, 2020 1pm – 2:30 UTC, submission deadline Thursday September 24, 2020 10pm UTC.
* Friday October 9, 2020 1pm – 2:30 UTC, submission deadline Wednesday October 7, 2020 10pm UTC.

Logistics
* Zoom: http://iso.zoom.us/my/stockhammer, Passwd as of MPEG#130
* Chairs create issue in gitlab to collect comments.
* If MPEG#132 repository is not yet available, use MPEG#131 repository.

Calendar
* Subscription link for MPEG AHG Calls: http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy?export
* Public link for MPEG AHG Calls: http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/index.php/apps/calendar/p/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy
Room Size

NameAHG on Video Decoding Interface
Mandates
1. To disseminate JVET WD of Video Decoding Interface for Immersive Media
2. To study development of VVC and VSEI (ISO/IEC 23090-3 and 23002-7)and solicit contributions to improve the proposed input formatting library on gitlab
3. To solicit open source implementation of OpenMAX or MSE to be used as a starting point of implementation of VDI extensions.  
4. To analyse the capabilities of existing Video Decoding Interfaces (e.g., Khronos OpenMAX) and the features of video coding specification (e.g. HEVC, VVC) against the Requirements for Immersive Media Access and Delivery in N18767 and identify the relevant gaps and necessary features to be worked on.
5. To manage software development projects
Chairmen
Youngkwon Lim, Emmanuel Thomas, Thomas Stockhammer
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Room Size
-	One conference call in each month
(detail information will be announced to the gen-sys reflector)

NameAHG on Systems Technologies for V3C and G-PCC
Mandates
1. Study and solicit contributions to improve TuC and potential improvements for 23090-10 (19245 and 19441) and CD and TuC of 23090-18 (19442 and 19416).
2. Conduct core experiments (19431)
3. Study MPEG-I system decoder architecture and solicit contributions to improve it.
Chairmen
Youngkwon Lim, Sebastian Schwarz
Duration
Until the next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc@gti.ssr.upm.es and gen-sys@lists.aau.at (messages should be sent to both reflectors)
Subscribe
Meeting
Room Size
-	One conference call in each month
(detail information will be announced to the gen-sys reflector)

NameAHG on MPEG DASH
Mandates
1. Study, evaluate, and improve the metadata track solution of AMD2 WD.
2. Study and provide a solution for URL customization (excluding the query parameter) in Part 8
3. Continue the study and development of a target based ad insertion in client based on XLINK or alternative.
4. Study and improve the Potential Enhancements of DAM1 (N19463)
5. Study technologies under consideration (TuC; N19415) and defect under investigation (DuI, N19578)
6. Continue to work on conformance and reference software
7. Collaborate with the File Format ad-hoc group on a possible fix of the ssix box issue as defined in Defect Report on ISOBMFF (N19414)
Chairmen
Iraj Sodagar, Christian Timmerer, Ali C. Begen
Duration
Until MPEG 132
Reflector(s)
dash@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/dash
Meeting
Conference calls:
   o Aug 4, 16-17:30 UTC, 9:00-10:30 AM PDT: Mandate 1
   o Aug 11, 16-17:30 UTC, 9:00-10:30 AM PDT: Mandate 2
   o Sept 8, 16-17:30 UTC, 9:00-10:30 AM PDT: Mandate 3
   o Oct 9, 16-17:30 UTC, 9:00-10:30 AM PDT: Preparation call for MPEG#132

Notes:
   o Contribution uploaded 3-days prior to each ad-hoc call will be considered first in that call.
   o Only Contributions relevant to each call's mandate will be covered during that call. 
   o If no contribution is received 3 days prior to the call, the call will be canceled.
Room Size

NameAHG on Application Formats
Mandates
CMAF (Common Media Application Format)
1. Study the TuC/DuI and solicit further input and feedback
2. Study the Exploration documents and provide feedback
3. Solicit feedback on DAM1 for additional CMAF HEVC Media Profiles   
4. Solicit further contributions on CMAF conformance and test vectors
5. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab 

MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format)
1. Study conformance and reference software for MIAF
2. Solicit feedback on CDAM2 for MIAF HEVC Advanced HDR profile and other clarifications
3. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab 

VIMAF (Visual Identity Management Application Format)
1. To study VIMAF standard and solicit contributions to improve it.
Chairmen
Krasimir Kolarov; Cyril Concolato
Duration
until 132nd meeting
Reflector(s)
CMAF - mpeg-cmaf@lists.aau.at
MIAF, VIMAF - mpeg-maf-dev@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
CMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-cmaf
MIAF, VIMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-maf-dev
Meeting
Room Size
AF Conference call, October 08, 2020, 17:00-19:00 CET

NameAHG on Encoder and Packager Synchronization
Mandates
1. To study m54472 and collect use cases and requirements
2. To study relationship with DASH
3. Solicit contributions on list of strawman solutions
Chairmen
Alex Giladi (Comcast)
Ali C. Begen (Ozyegin University)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
synched-encoding@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/synched-encoding
Meeting
- A conference call (in September)
- To be announced to gen-sys
Room Size

NameAHG on MPEG Media Transport
Mandates
1. Execute the work plan on the conformance
2. Work on the CE on Hyper Media use cases and requirements for MMT extension
3. Keep relevant SDOs informed MMT (ITU-T SG16, ATSC, 3GPP, ARIB, etc.,)
Chairmen
Kyungmo Park (SK Telecom)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
MMT-TNT@listserv.uni-hannover.de
Subscribe
MMT-TNT-request@listserv.uni-hannover.de
Meeting
1 e-meeting, the time will be announced at least two weeks before the date of the meeting.
Room Size

NameAHG on MPEG UD
Mandates
1. Solicit new technologies and use cases 
2. Update the CD of 3rd ed. MPEG-21UD
Chairmen
Sanghyun Joo (MForus), Mihai Mitrea (IMT)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/user
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/user
Meeting
Sun before meeting (remote)
Room Size

NameAHG on Network-Based Media Processing
Mandates
1. Explore the potential improvements of NBMP CDAM1 (N19439) and solicit technical contributions to improve it
2. Solicit inputs on the conformance software and test vectors
3. Study network-based support of MPEG-I, 5G - MPEG use cases, and collaborate with MPEG-5G ad-hoc on this subject.
4. Explore split rendering use-case with NBMP as outlined in TuC (N19430)
5. Develop the plan for collaboration with other relevant SDOs, e.g., 3GPP SA4, ATSC, ETSI MEC, and OpenStack Foundation
6. Solicit contributions for improving and updating the Implementation Guidelines WD and align it with 23090-8
Chairmen
Kyungmo Park (SK Telecom), and Iraj Sodagar (Tencent)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nbmp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-nbmp
Meeting
No meeting
Room Size

NameAHG on MPEG File Formats
Mandates
1.	Support the groups using the file formats (including audio, DASH, CMAF, OMAF, MORE, MIAF, PCC, NBMP et al.)
2.	 Study the Technologies under Consideration and Working Draft documents and propose improvements. Study the defect reports and propose corrigendum text.
3.	Study the Common Encryption defect report and improve the proposed changes.
4.	Study color properties in ISO/IEC 23008-12 (Image file format) and propose improvements.
5.	 Study the proposed support for timed Haptics and suggest improvements.
6.	Study the defect report on Timed Text and suggest clarifications and improvements.
7.	 Maintain and update the conformance streams, reference software, white papers and one-pagers, and registration authority, as needed. Study whether conformance checking can be (maybe partially) automated using Kaitai and how the specifications and conformance can be managed as a coordinated workflow. 
8.	 Check the specifications for unregistered MIME types and parameters and start registering them. Audit files as needed for the MP4RA. 
9.	 Study the TuC on derived visual tracks and propose derivations based on the architecture.
10.	 Study in-band events and round-trip, and the processing model, with DASH event messages, including fragmentation/de-fragmentation of files with event messages, and multiplexing. Study the WD on the DASHEventMessage track format.
Chairmen
David Singer (Apple) and Per Fröjdh (Ericsson)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mp4-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mp4-sys and https://github.com/MPEGGroup/FileFormat
Meeting
Early September, doodle decision
Room Size
n/a
2 hour call

NameAHG on Deep Neural Network based Video Coding (DNNVC)
Mandates
•	Evaluate and quantify performance improvement potential of DNN based video coding technologies compared to existing MPEG standards such as VVC, considering various quality metrics; 
•	Study quality metrics for DNN based video coding;
•	Solicit input contributions on DNN based video coding technologies; 
•	Investigate data sets that may be available for MPEG’s use;
•	Refine the draft use case and requirements document for DNN based video coding;
•	Refine the draft test conditions document for DNN based video coding; 
•	Investigate technical aspects specific to NN-based video coding, such as encoding and decoding complexity of neural networks, design network representation, operation, tensor, on-the-fly network adaption (e.g. updating during encoding) etc;
•	Coordinate with other relevant groups.
Chairmen
Yan Ye, Jonathan Pfaff, Jianle Chen
Duration
Until the 132nd MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-dnnvc@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-dnnvc
Meeting
a total of four meeting sessions (two hours/session) on Thursday 8 Oct 2020 and Friday 9 Oct 2020
(detailed information will be announced on reflector)
Room Size

NameAHG on MPEG-21 Contracts to Smart Contracts
Mandates
1.	Disseminate the CfP to the identified recipients
2.	Present the CfP on 23 July @ 15:00 CEST for EU/Asia & 19:00 CEST for EU/US
3.	Solicit further industry participation and responses to the CfP
4.	Evaluate the CfP responses Thu 8 & Fri 9 Oct. before the 132nd MPEG meeting
5.	Identify / create tools for converting MPEG IPR Ontology based contracts to smart contracts (e.g., Go, Solidity, Move)
6.	Implement the chain XML/RDF to JSON to Abstract Syntax Tree to Smart Contract using for the last conversion different smart contracts languages (e.g., Go, Solidity, Move)
7.	Explore the use of MPEG IPR Ontologies as smart contracts in IM AF (ISO/IEC 23000-12) & possibly CMAF (ISO/IEC 23000-19)
Chairmen
Panos Kudumakis (QMUL) and Xin Wang (MediaTek)
Duration
Until the 132nd MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
smart-contracts@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/smart-contracts
Meeting
Smart contracts Thu 16 July @ 17:30 CEST
CfP presentation Thu 23 July @ 15:00 & 19:00 CEST
Smart contracts Thu 17 Sept @ 15:00 CEST
Evaluation Thu 08 Oct @ 15:00 CEST
Evaluation Fri 09 Oct @ 15:00 CEST
Room Size
N/A

NameAHG on MPEG & 5G
Mandates
1.Study of 5G use cases, requirements, specifications and new work items that could be relevant to MPEG work.
2.Identify potential new MPEG activities that can help the industry deploy applications, including media services, over 5G.
3.Provide initial requirements for the identified new MPEG activities.
4.Define focused use cases in the area of indoor spatial information storage, sharing, mapping, localization, etc. and define requirements in order to identify relevant standards and missing technologies.
5.Solicit inputs to increase awareness about typical MPEG media bit rates and traffic characteristics for 3GPP Extended Reality (XR) applications and services.
Chairmen
Igor Curcio (Nokia), Ozgur Oyman (Intel), Emmanuel Thomas (TNO)
Duration
Until MPEG 132
Reflector(s)
mpeg-and-5g@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-and-5g
Meeting
AHG meeting on the Friday 9 October before MPEG 132 at 13.00-15.00 UTC
Room Size

NameAHG on Video Coding for Machines
Mandates
1. To create and evaluate anchors for object detection, object segmentation and video segmentation
2. To collect and check licensing status of data sets, ground truth 
3. To define metrics for object detection, object segmentation and video segmentation
4. To compare performance of analysis using original data vs. analysis using compressed features at different bit rates in the typical use cases specified in N19506
5. To collect evidence on the level of achievability of combined human/machine-oriented video representation and compression
6. To encourage experts to provide feature stream codecs
7. To encourage experts to provide uncompressed bitstream from feature extractor
Chairmen
Yuan Zhang, Manouchehr Rafie
Duration
Until the 132nd MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vcm@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-vcm
Meeting
One conference call one month before the MPEG 132 (time to be announced)
Saturday 1300 -1500, 1600 - 1800 UTC before MPEG
Sunday 1200 - 1400, 1500 - 1700 UTC before MPEG
Room Size
90

NameAHG on Genomic Information Representation
Mandates
1. To carry on and evaluate the results of four core experiments on MPEG-G Part 6
2. To disseminate the information and coordinate the activities jointly carried out by ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 11 and ISO TC 276/WG 5 to other ISO TCs, GA4GH and other organizations.
3. To discuss and coordinate WG 11 contributions to relevant bioinformatics conferences and events.   
4. To collect contributions to the MPEG-G best practice document
5. To collect additional test data useful to be used for the core experiments on Part 6.
6. To investigate privacy protection methods for genomic data and understand how MPEG-G can support their implementation.
7. To compile common test conditions for the evaluation of MPEG-G performance.
8. To investigate requirements and procedures to promote MPEG-G among public health regulators and entities dealing with genomic data formats
9. To finalize the reference encoder software
10. To promote the CfP on improvements and extensions to 23092 series
11. To evaluate the answers to the CfP prior to next MPEG meeting
Chairmen
M. Golebiewsky (HITS), J. Delgado (UPC), 
M. Mattavelli (EPFL)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
genome_compression@listes.epfl.ch
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to genome_compression-subscribe@listes.epfl.ch
Meeting
Yes
Room Size
30
The Thursday and Friday prior to the MPEG meeting from 1 PM CET to 10 PM CET

NameMPEG-I Architecture and Requirements
Mandates
1. Study the subphases of MPEG-I and prepare a more concrete definition of phase 2b
2. Study and propose updates to N19245 (Requirements for Immersive Media Access and Delivery);
3. Collect and Update Requirements for MPEG-I (N19511)
4. Refine and verify the architectures for Immersive Services
5. Update the “Overview of Immersive Media Standards”
Chairmen
Thomas Stockhammer (tsto@qti.qualcomm.com)
Rob Koenen (rob@tiledmedia.com)
Mary-Luc Champel (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Schuyler Quackenbush (srq@audioresearchlabs.com)
Duration
Until MPEG#132
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i
Meeting
Room Size
2 calls may be set up

NameAHG on Future Capabilities for MPEG-I
Mandates
1.Identify and characterize emerging client end-point devices; report on the content that these devices support.
2. Study and identify requirements for MPEG-I specifications and extensions beyond phase 2b to support these emerging devices, including media formats required by these devices to deliver high quality immersive experiences;
3. Study and report on the applicability of the current work on  “Scene Description for MPEG Media” (MPEG-I part 14) to support these emerging devices
4. Solicit input from industry stakeholders and provide that input to MPEG 132.
Chairmen
Arianne Hinds (Tencent America), Simone Ferrara (V-Nova)
Duration
until the next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-exploration@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-exploration
Meeting
Biweekly calls starting Monday 13 July (exact time and dates to be determined by Doodle poll)
Room Size
Thursday or Friday prior to the start of MPEG 132 (exact time and date to be determined by Doodle poll)

NameAhG on Point Cloud Compression
Mandates
1.	Improve documentation material for V-PCC and G-PCC
2.	Update the TMs (SW and documentation) during the editing period
3.	Improve WDs for V-PCC Conformance and V-PCC Reference SW and provide WDs for G-PCC Conformance and G-PCC Reference SW 
4.	Update the CTC and provide updated anchor points
5.	Conduct the PCC experiments for future enhancements
6.	Coordinate activities on profiles for G-PCC
7.	Solicit contributions on additional PCC use cases
8.	Coordinate activities on evaluating the current G-PCC specifications against requirements
9.	Coordinate scientific and technical dissemination of PCC
10.	Coordinate communications of PCC to fairs, exhibitions, workshops, webinars, and enrich www.mpeg-pcc.org with relevant information about PCC, create Wikipedia pages on PCC
11.	Solicit additional data sets for all categories
12.	Solicit contributions to encapsulate V-PCC and G-PCC in scene graph
Chairmen
Ralf Schaefer (Chair), Khaled Mammou, Madhukar Budagavi
Duration
Until 132nd MPEG Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc AT gti. ssr. upm. es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions during the week before the next MPEG meeting: Wed, Thu, Fri (2 sessions of 2 hours per day)
Room Size
online

NameAhG on IoMT
Mandates
1.	Solicit contributions on IoMT technologies and use cases
2.	Explore technologies to describe tasks performed by MThings
3.	Coordinate the activities related to IoMT extended reference software
4.	Coordinate the activities related to IoMT dissemination
Chairmen
Mihai Mitrea, Sang-Kyun Kim, Sungmoon Chun
Duration
Until 132nd MPEG Meeting
Reflector(s)
MIoTW@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.uni-klu.ac.at/mailman/options/MIoTW
Meeting
Friday before the MPEG meeting
Room Size
online
1:00pm to 3:00pm UTC
Zoom - Meeting ID: 929 9211 9841

NameAHG on MPEG-I Audio and Audio Maintenance
Mandates
1.	Execute Workplan on MPEG-I Audio
2.	Execute Pilot Subjective Test 
3.	Progress all documents that are required for the Call.
4.	Review test material and consider it for Pilot Test
5.	Contribute to MPEG-I Scene Description work, including joint meetings
6.	Maintain Audio-related conformance data and reference software
Chairmen
Schuyler Quackenbush (ARL) srq at audioresearchlabs . com
Duration
Until 132nd MPEG Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-audio-call@audioresearchlabs.com
Subscribe
•	To subscribe or unsubscribe to the list, send email to
the AhG Chair
•	To post on the mailing list, send email to
 mpeg-audio-call@ audioresearchlabs.com 
Note that posting is blocked for non-members
Meeting
Yes
Room Size
40
Web AhG meetings as follows:
Date: 	Wed July 22, 1300-1500 UTC
Then every 3 weeks, day/time and agenda to be arranged at previous AhG meeting
Thu, Fri prior to 132nd MPEG meeting, 1300-1700 UTC
AhG meeting agenda will be posted 1 week prior to each meeting.

Ad hoc groups from other meetings:
MPEG 135, MPEG 134, MPEG 133, MPEG 132, MPEG 131