Ad hoc groups

Download the current ad hoc group rules for MPEG AGs and WGs here:

Ad hoc groups of MPEG 134

NameAHG on Font Format
Mandates
1. Review and discuss the text of ISO/IEC CD 14496-22 Committee Draft amendment.
2. Explore potential future changes and updates, and propose new work items (if applicable) for consideration in the future new edition of the OFF specification.
Chairmen
Vladimir Levantovsky (Type Standards)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-otspec@lists.aau.at; https://github.com/MPEGGroup/OpenFontFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-otspec
Meeting
Zoom conference call may be held, if necessary (detail information will be posted to the AHG reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Use Cases and Requirements
Mandates
1. Support other Working Groups with the preparation of draft requirements and use case descriptions in a unified way.
2. Gather such requirements and use case descriptions for final refinement and approval by WG2.
3. Progress the development of MPEG-I Part 1 Technical Report to regularly align with the progress of MPEG-I suite standards.
4. Progress guidelines on the drafting of WG2 requirements.
Chairmen
Mary-Luc Champel (Xiaomi), Igor Curcio (Nokia)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-req@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-req
Meeting
Zoom conference call shortly before next WG2 meeting (details to be announced on mpeg-req reflector)
Room Size

NameAHG on Video Coding for Machines
Mandates
1. Start drafting CfP
2. Prepare a workplan on EE for object detection task
3. Prepare a supplemental CfE for candidate additional tasks, including machine and hybrid human/machine-oriented video representation and compression
4. Create and evaluate additional anchors
5. Collect additional test data sets, ground truth 
6. Encourage experts to provide feature stream codecs
7. Encourage experts to provide uncompressed bitstream from feature extractor
8. Prepare a VCM white paper
Chairmen
Yuan Zhang (China Telecom) zhangy666@chinatelecom.cn
Manouchehr Rafie (GTI) m.rafie@gyrfalcontech.com
Shan Liu (Tencent) shanl@tencent.com
Duration
Until the 135th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vcm@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-vcm
Meeting
One conference call before the MPEG 135 (time to be announced)
Thursday 1230 - 1430, 1500 - 1700 UTC before MPEG
Friday 1230 - 1430, 1500 - 1700 UTC before MPEG
Room Size
100

NameAhG on Genomic Information Representation
Mandates
1) To support the dissemination of the CfP and work towards providing answers
2) To contribute to the improvements of the Study of Text FDIS 23092-6
3) To contribute to the development of amendments of 23092-1, 23092-2 and 23092-4 to support Part 6 and the new technologies identified by the answer to the call for technology
4) To contribute on the relationship of Part 3 metadata and protection to Part 6 annotations and related metadata through CE6
5)  To finalize the reference software
6) To contribute to the further development of the Performance Benchmarking study and related publications
7) To compile common test conditions for the evaluation of MPEG-G performance
8) To collect additional test data useful to be used for assessing technologies related to the CfP
9) To disseminate the information and coordinate the activities carried out by ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 8 to other ISO TCs, GA4GH and other organizations
10)To discuss and coordinate WG8 contributions to relevant bioinformatics conferences and events
11)To investigate how to promote MPEG-G among public health regulators and entities dealing with genomic data formats
Chairmen
Raymond Krasinski (Philips)
Paolo Ribeca (Bioss)
Duration
Until the next WG8 meeting
Reflector(s)
SC29-WG8-AHG@listes.epfl.ch
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to SC29-WG8-AHG-subscribe@listes.epfl.ch
Meeting
Yes
Room Size
20
Bi-weekly meetings for the coordination of the development of the reference SW and the Thursday and Friday prior to the WG8 meeting from 1 PM CET to 7 PM CET

NameAhG on Encoder and Packager Synchronization
Mandates
1. Study (1) the exploration on encoder and packager synchronization (N0231), (2) live media ingest (https://dashif-documents.azurewebsites.net/Ingest/pull/143/DASH-IF-Ingest.html), and (3) the exploration on storage, archiving and content management of CMAF files (N0203)
2. Collect further use cases and requirements, discuss the issues on Git (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/exploration-synched-encoding/-/issues)
3. Organize a public (and online) workshop to discuss the standardization path for the following topics: encoder/packager synchronization, live media ingest and content storage, archiving and management. Details for the workshop will be posted in this mailing list.
4. Prepare a report after the workshop summarizing the agreements, open issues and a proposed plan.
Chairmen
Alex Giladi
Rufael Mekuria
Khaled Jerbi
Duration
Until the 135th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
synched-encoding@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/synched-encoding
Meeting
Thursday, July 8th, 2021
4-6pm UTC
Room Size
Online
Zoom link: TBD

NameAhG on Network-Based Media Processing
Mandates
1. Improve the CDAM2 (WG03 N00240) and TuC (WG N00200)
2. Improve and update NBMP Implementation Guidelines (WG03 N00XXX) including aligning it with NBMP FDIS and DAM1
3. Solicit inputs on the conformance software and test vectors and develop a work plan for them.
4. Develop the plan for collaboration with other relevant SDOs, e.g., 3GPP SA4, ATSC, ETSI MEC, and OpenStack Foundation
5. Solicit new NBMP use-cases and applications for the future development of the standard
Chairmen
Kyungmo Park (SK Telecom), and Iraj Sodagar (Tencent)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nbmp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-nbmp
Meeting
no meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on Market Needs
Mandates
1. To collect member input on the scope of market needs that may be taken into consideration when developing MPEG requirements.
2. To collect member input on a process for assessing and verifying claimed needs.
3. To collect member input on how the MPEG requirement-setting process could reflect market needs.
4. To consider the Market Needs of the Data Compression activity for further refinement (New)
Chairmen
Gilles Teniou (Tencent), teniou@tencent.com
Justin Ridge (Nokia), Justin.ridge@nokia.com
Duration
Until MPEG135
Reflector(s)
mpeg-market@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-market
Meeting
1pm-2pm UTC – Thursday June 3rd

1pm-2pm UTC – Thursday June 21st
Room Size

NameAHG on Haptics Support in MPEG
Mandates
1. Address and manage any issues that might arise in the ongoing Phase 1 CfP activity.
2. Examine public MPEG-I Audio, MPEG-I scene description and MPEG-I video documents and arrive at a better understanding of how the MPEG Haptics Phase 2 requirements fit in with the overall MPEG-I media architecture.
3. Reconfirm/revise the MPEG Haptics Phase 2 requirements and usage scenarios based on information from the second mandate.
4. Study tests, test platforms, and test content options for Phase 2 CfP (Advanced Haptics).
Chairmen
Yeshwant Muthusamy (Immersion Corporation), ymuthusamy@immersion.com
Philippe Guillotel (Interdigital Corporation), philippe.guillotel@interdigital.com
Duration
Until MPEG135
Reflector(s)
mpeg-haptics@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-haptics
Meeting
Bi-weekly calls starting May 11, 2021. 2-hour duration, starting @ 1400 UTC.
Room Size
N/A
Dial-in details will be provided on the reflector.

NameAHG on Systems Technologies for V3C and G-PCC
Mandates
1. Study and solicit contributions to improve 23090-10, 23090-18 and their amendments
2. Discuss open issues in MPEG Git (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/PCC-SYS) and propose recommended dispositions
3. Study initial ideas on reference software and conformance (WG03N0176) and solicit contribution to develop a workplan 
4. Study MPEG-I system decoder architecture and solicit contributions to improve it.
Chairmen
Youngkwon Lim, Lauri Ilola
Duration
Until the 4th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
- conference call in every 2-3 weeks (detail information will be announced to the gen-sys reflector)
Room Size

NameAHG on Video Decoding Interface
Mandates
1. To study WD and solicit contributions to improve it
2. To disseminate to JVET the WD of Video Decoding Interface for Immersive Media
3. To solicit contributions to improve the proposed input formatting library on gitlab
4. To solicit open source implementation of OpenMAX or MSE to be used as a starting point of implementation of VDI extensions.  
5. To analyze the capabilities of existing Video Decoding Interfaces (e.g., Khronos OpenMAX) and the features of video coding specification (e.g. HEVC, EVC, VVC) against the Requirements for Immersive Media Access and Delivery in WG11N18767 and identify the relevant gaps and necessary features to be worked on.
6. To manage software development projects
Chairmen
Youngkwon Lim, Emmanuel Thomas, Thomas Stockhammer
Duration
Until the 4th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
-	One conference call in each month
(detail information will be announced to the gen-sys reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on Omnidirectional MediA Format (OMAF)
Mandates
1)	Study the possible future amendments and editions for OMAF 
2)	Study profiles under consideration document and solicit contributions for potential improvement
3)	Study OMAFv1 reference software and conformance and solicit contributions on missing parts
4)	Preparation of OMAFv2 reference software and conformance
5)	Handle any possible defect report/ corrigenda for 23090-2 2nd edition
6)	Solicit contributions to identify common metadata of 23090-2 and 23090-10 
7)	Study the metrics under consideration in the technologies under consideration document
8)	Maintain relationship with relevant SDOs, e.g. VRIF, 3GPP SA4
Chairmen
Sachin Deshpande, Ye-Kui Wang, Youngkwon Lim
Duration
Until next WG3 meeting (July 2021)
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Meetings on Friday before WG3 July 2021 meeting (as required):  5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, 7:15 PM - 9:15 PM CEST (via zoom) (with possibility to add two hours additional AHG meeting time with 2-week notice).
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG DASH
Mandates
1. Study and improve Part 1 draft text of DAM1 (WG3 N00262) and Part 8 CDAM1 WD (N00160)
2. Study technologies under consideration (TuC; WG3 N00189) and defect under investigation (DuI; WG3 N00220)
3. Continue to work on conformance and reference software
4. Develop and improve the XML schema to comply to the 5th edition FDIS (WG3 N00227).
5. Seek contributions for the impact of dynamic switching in the decoder's HRD model and if DASH signalling can avoid possible problems [m56084].
6. Study the fast tune-in use case and various proposals in TuC and develop a solution
7. Investigate the audio decode during the period transition as indicated in TuC.
Chairmen
Iraj Sodagar, Christian Timmerer, Ali C. Begen
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
dash@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/dash
Meeting
Conf call:
   o July 9th, 16-17:30 UTC, Preparation call for MPEG#135
Room Size
Zoom link: https://iso.zoom.us/j/4158105690 
  Password in MPEG's Nextcloud calendar.

NameAhG on Future Capabilities of MPEG-I
Mandates
1. Draft a white paper that describes the information about creating media for and distributing it to a variety of currently-available and emerging immersive displays
2. Provide a description of a workshop to be held between MPEG 135 and MPEG 136; include topics to be presented and potential speakers. Provide logistic information for the workshop if available.
3. Document and clearly articulate concerns with current Scene Description architecture and design for distributing immersive media to current and emerging immersive displays, for immersive applications.
4. Continue to refine the relevant output documents issued from MPEG 134, especially use cases, requirements, description of technologies, and the report of the Charter Communications demonstration of distributing light field content over a commercial network.
5. Continue to solicit the participation of and engage the ecosystem stakeholders. 
6. Catalog existing trends for content production and distribution workflows and compare that to the architecture presented in m56705.
7. Refactor Draft report on technologies that enable use cases for immersive applications so that it is easier to read and better organized to document the use cases and the corresponding technologies that enable them.
Chairmen
Arianne T. Hinds (ahinds@tencent.com), Peter Lude (pete@missionrockdigital.com), Thomas Alder (Thomas.alder@otoy.com)
Duration
Until the start of MPEG 135
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-exploration@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-exploration
Meeting
Bi-weekly meetings on Thursdays from 14:00 to 15:30 UTC including:
06 May 2021
20 May 2021
03 June 2021
17 June 2021
01 July 2021
Room Size
An additional meeting on 06 July (Tuesday) from 14:00 to 17:00 UTC
All meetings conducted via Zoom using: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87849144212?pwd=TTdSMHhCbnVZOVdIQ0JqeFNkR0tIZz09

NameAhG on Essential Video Coding
Mandates
1. Coordinate management of the ETM software and its distribution
2. Coordinate generation and cross-check of the conformance bitstreams
3. Coordinate preparation of the EVC white paper
4. Discuss input documents to the 4th WG4 meeting relating to EVC
Chairmen
Kiho Choi
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-5@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-5
Meeting
Room Size

NameAHG on MPEG File Formats
Mandates
1.	Support the groups using the file formats (including audio, DASH, CMAF, OMAF, MORE, MIAF, PCC, NBMP et al.)
2.	Study the Technologies under Consideration and Working Draft documents and propose improvements. Study the defect reports and propose corrigendum text.
3.	Study color properties in ISO/IEC 23008-12 (Image file format) and propose improvements.
4.	Study the exploration of uncompressed video support, and propose improvements and ways ahead.
5.	Study the use of T.35 as an extension mechanism.
6.	Study the possible application of Derived Volumetric Visual tracks, matching Derived Visual Tracks that are under way.
7.	Study the proposed clarifications on the definition of brands, particularly in the ISO base media file format, and suggest improvements.
8.	Study the support for progressive refinement output in HEIF and propose improvements.
9.	Study the technical gaps for handling the presentation of multi-layer VVC files (independent layers stored in single track or multiple tracks) in existing applications and interfaces, e.g. HTML 5MSE, mobile OS media API and native applications (GPAC, ffplay, VLC, etc...).
10.	Maintain and update the conformance streams, reference software, white papers and one-pagers, and registration authority, as needed. Study whether conformance checking can be (maybe partially) automated using Kaitai and how the specifications and conformance can be managed as a coordinated workflow. 
11.	Check the specifications for unregistered MIME types and parameters and start registering them. Audit files as needed for the MP4RA.
Chairmen
David Singer (Apple) and Per Fröjdh (Ericsson)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mp4-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mp4-sys and https://github.com/MPEGGroup/FileFormat
Meeting
Room Size
0

NameAhG on MPEG-UD
Mandates
1.	Refine the draft text of ISO/IEC 21000-22 IS User Description 3rd Ed
2.	Finalize and provide a Reference Software for ISO/IEC 21000-22 IS User Description 3rd Ed
Chairmen
S. Joo (MFORUS) & M. Mitrea (IMT-TSP)
Duration
Until the 135th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
user@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.uni-klu.ac.at/mailman/options/user
Meeting
Sun before the meeting at 5:00 am UTC
Room Size
virtual
on zoom: https://iso.zoom.us/j/97948020030?pwd=a0RCMnNyUFlEdzlWWURCWC9zU2NMQT09

Password: 748526

NameAhG on Application Formats
Mandates
CMAF (Common Media Application Format)
1. Study the TuC/DuI and the Exploration documents and solicit further input
2. Clarify the text regarding edit list
3. Study the use of ISOBMFF type combination and supplemental brands
4. Solicit feedback on the DIS of Amd2
5. Solicit further contributions on CMAF conformance and test vectors
6. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab 

MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format)
1. Study conformance and reference software for MIAF 
2. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab
Chairmen
Krasimir Kolarov; Cyril Concolato
Duration
until 135th meeting
Reflector(s)
CMAF - mpeg-cmaf@lists.aau.at
MIAF, VIAF - mpeg-maf-dev@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
CMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-cmaf
MIAF, VIMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-maf-dev
Meeting
Room Size
AF Conference call, July 8, 2021, 17:00-19:00 CEST

NameAhG on Smart Contracts for Media
Mandates
1.	Study and solicit contributions to improve ‘Draft text of ISO/IEC 21000-23 DIS Smart Contracts for Media’.
2.	Study and solicit contributions to improve the conformance and reference software, and in particular its description, wrt MPEG XML and RDF contracts to smart contracts conversion and vice versa.
3.	Study and solicit contributions on conformance and reference software validation wrt MPEG XML and RDF media contracts to smart contracts and vice versa, beyond Solidity (e.g., Michelson, Go, Move).
4.	Study and solicit contributions on reference software demonstration, including artists royalties’ dashboard, for different use cases, e.g., on-demand streaming, digital sale, and radio broadcast.
Chairmen
Panos Kudumakis and Xin Wang
Duration
Until the 135th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
smart-contracts@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/smart-contracts
Meeting
Biweekly calls starting Wed 12 May 2021, all at 13:00 UTC (2 h)
Room Size

NameAHG on MPEG Media Transport
Mandates
1.	Execute the work plan on the conformance including aligning it with MMT 3rd edition and DAM3
2.	Solicit inputs on the conformance software and test vectors
3.	Study WD and the documents related to MMT, FEC, MPEG-CI and MMT-IG. 
4.	Work on the CE on Hyper Media/ 5G-ATSC3.0 MEC use cases and requirements for MMT extension
5.	Keep relevant SDOs informed MMT (ITU-T SG16, ATSC, 3GPP, ARIB, etc.,)
Chairmen
Kyungmo Park (SK Telecom)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
MMT-TNT@listserv.uni-hannover.de
Subscribe
MMT-TNT-request@listserv.uni-hannover.de
Meeting
No meeting
Room Size

NameAHG on Systems Functionalities for Video Conformance
Mandates
1.	Continue to collect systems-relevant use cases based on the template in document WG3 N00218.
2.	Define video bitstream conformance requirements based on these functionalities.
3.	Define encoding requirements guidelines to support these system functionalities
4.	Extract system signaling requirements for ISO BMFF, DASH and CMAF to support these functionalities
5.	Define systems client processing operations to support these functionalities.
6.	Collaborate and solicit input from external organizations, in particular including DASH-IF, CTA WAVE and DVB.
7.	Collaborate with MPEG video and JVET on this matter
Chairmen
Thomas Stockhammer, Ye-Kui Wang, Yuriy Reznik
Duration
Until MPEG135
Reflector(s)
systems4video@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/systems4video
Meeting
Conference Calls
•	Friday June 4, 2021 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
o	Submission deadline March 10, 2021 23 UTC 
•	Friday July 09, 2021 15:00 – 16:00 UTC (17:00 – 18:00 CEST)

Logistics
•	Zoom: http://iso.zoom.us/my/stockhammer, Passwd the one from MPEG#134

If MPEG#135 repository is not yet available, use MPEG#134 repository.

Calendar
•	Subscription link for MPEG AHG Calls: http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy?export
•	Public link for MPEG AHG Calls: http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/index.php/apps/calendar/p/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG-I Scene Description
Mandates
1.	Complete the analysis of the capabilities of glTF2.0 and the agreed MPEG Extensions against the requirements for MPEG-I Scene description (WG3 N0210)
2.	Harmonize with the MPEG-I 3DG/video/systems work and integrate video/3D/systems relevant metadata into the Scene Description.
3.	Collect/coordinate test assets that support the development of the MPEG-I Scene description work according to clause 5 of (WG3 N0209).
4.	Study the remaining open issues for phase 1 in the TuC (WG3 N0208)
5.	For each technology in the DIS (#131 N0264) and the TuC (WG3 N0208) for phase 1, identify if it fulfills the requirements in (#130 N0210), clause 6 and if not, progress the relevant aspects, including specification text, reference software and test scenarios.
6.	Conduct the evaluation experiments on Random Access and Scene Updates as defined in (WG3 N02XX)
7.	Collect relevant MPEG media types, add those to the registered media type in an update of the DIS (WG3 N0264).
8.	Start developing guidelines for integration of V-PCC, G-PCC and other MPEG 3D technologies into Scene Description.
9.	Validate all reference software branches, merge them into a single branch, improve the description of the reference software and progress the WD (WG3 N0271).
10.	Prepare a WD on Conformance Tools and Reference software for MPEG-I Scene Description.
11.	Monitor ongoing scene description related work in the industry and in other groups and organizations, in particular Khronos and continue the collaboration with Khronos
Chairmen
Thomas Stockhammer (tsto@qti.qualcomm.com)
Mary-Luc Champel (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Duration
Until MPEG135
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-scene@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-scene
 
Please check gitlab discussions here:
http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/SceneDescription/MPEG-Contributions/issues
Meeting
•	Dates
-	Tuesday June 1, 2021 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST) (Monday May 31 is Memorial day) 
	Submission deadline May 29, 22:00 UTC
-	Monday June 14, 2021 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CET)
	Submission deadline June 11, 14:30 UTC
-	Monday June 28, 2021 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
	Submission deadline June 25, 14:30 UTC
-	Friday July 09, 2021 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST) 

•	Logistics
-	Zoom: http://iso.zoom.us/my/stockhammer, Passwd as of MPEG#135
-	Chairs create issue in gitlab to collect comments.
-	If MPEG#135 repository is not yet available, use MPEG#134 repository.
•	Calendar
-	Subscription link for MPEG AHG Calls: 
-	http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy?export
-	Public link for MPEG AHG Calls
-	http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/index.php/apps/calendar/p/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG & 5G
Mandates
1. Study of 5G use cases, requirements, specifications and new work items that could be relevant to MPEG work.

2. Identify potential new MPEG activities that can help the industry deploy applications, including media services, over 5G.

3. Provide initial requirements for the identified new MPEG activities.

4.Define focused use cases in the area of indoor and outdoor spatial information storage, sharing, mapping, localization, etc. and define requirements in order to identify relevant standards and missing technologies.

5. Solicit inputs to increase awareness about typical MPEG media bit rates and traffic characteristics for 3GPP Extended Reality (XR) applications and services.
Chairmen
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia)
Emmanuel Thomas (TNO)
Duration
Until MPEG 135
Reflector(s)
mpeg-and-5g@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-and-5g
Meeting
Zoom call on 8 July 2021 at 14.00-16.00 UTC. The link will be distributed before the call. Submission deadline is 5 July 2021 23.59 UTC.
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Roadmap
Mandates
1. Update the MPEG roadmap in different formats (Word, long PPT, short PPT, video) according to the periodical schedule. 

2. Update the roadmap presentation layout to a more descriptive form.

3. Study how to extract the relevant roadmap information from the Mission Control function of the MPEG Document System and the ISO site.
Chairmen
Arianne Hinds (Tencent), Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia), Sachin Deshpande (Sharp)
Duration
Until MPEG 135
Reflector(s)
mpegvision@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpegvision
Meeting
One Zoom call on 5 July 2021 at 14.00-16.00 UTC. The Zoom link will be provided before the call. Submission deadline is 30 June 2021 23.59 UTC.
Room Size

NameAhG on Lenslet Video Coding (LVC)
Mandates
1. Study use cases for Lenslet Video Coding
2. Prepare requirements for Lenslet Video Coding
3. Define common test conditions for Lenslet Video Coding
4. Carry out exploration experiments on dense light fields
5. Prepare call for MPEG-I Visual test materials
Chairmen
Mehrdad Teratani (ULB) (chair)
Xin Jin (THU) (vice-chair)
Bart Kroon (Philips) (vice-chair)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
June 17
13:00 - 15:00 UTC
Room Size
July 8, 9
13:00 - 15:00 UTC

NameAhG on MPEG Immersive Video
Mandates
1. Study potential improvements of MPEG Immersive Video
2. Solicit new use cases and requirements for the second edition of MPEG Immersive Video
3. Update the test model for MPEG Immersive Video
4. Prepare conformance and reference software for MPEG Immersive Video
5. Define common test conditions for MPEG Immersive Video
6. Carry on core experiments of MPEG Immersive Video
7. Prepare verification tests for MPEG Immersive Video
8. Carry out exploration experiments on MPEG Immersive Video
9. Promote MPEG Immersive Video outside of MPEG
Chairmen
Bart Kroon (Philips) (chair)
Vinod Malamal Vadakital (Nokia) (vice-chair)
Joel Jung (Tencent) (vice-chair)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
May 18, June 1, June 15, June 29
EE: May 25
Room Size
July 6, 7, 8, 9
All meetings are 15:20 – 17:20 UTC

NameAHG on Compression of Neural Networks for Multimedia Content Description and Analysis
Mandates
1. Maintain data sets and NCTM
2. Perform CEs for incremental NN compression and analyse the results
3. Continue analyzing the state of the art in NN compression and exchange formats 
4. Continue interaction with SC42, FG ML5G, NNEF, ONNX and the AI/ML community
Chairmen
Werner Bailer (chair, werner.bailer@joanneum.at)
Sungmoon Chun (vice-chair, smchun@insignal.co.kr)
Wei Wang (vice-chair, rickweiwang@tencent.com)
Duration
until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nnr@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-nn
Meeting
Calls in week May 25-28 and Jun. 7-11 (date/time to be selected by Doodle poll)
Room Size
Thu/Fri before next MPEG meeting

NameAhG on Data Compression
Mandates
Short term
1. Select and describe a generic compression tool with full specification, implementation, and conformance procedures (e.g., definition of mandatory conformance bitstreams) (for WG08).
2. Study the procedural issues (e.g., IPs, software copyrights, versioning, etc.) to reuse or extend the “outside” generic compression tools.  
Long term
3. Study how to develop more generic (and self-configurable) compression tools
4. Study how to expand into other industrial sectors (machineries, health, etc.)
Chairmen
Euee S. Jang(esjang@hanyang.ac.kr) and Simone Casale Brunet (simone.casalebrunet@epfl.ch)
Duration
Until the start of MPEG 135
Reflector(s)
mpeg-dc@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-dc
Meeting
None
Room Size

NameAhG on Low Complexity Enhancement Video Coding
Mandates
1. Study the test results of the EE
2. Address comments received from CD ballot on LCEVC conformance
3. Coordinate generation, upload and cross-checks of LCEVC conformance bitstreams
4. Discuss input documents to the 4th WG 04 meeting related to LCEVC
Chairmen
Walt Husak (Chair), Simone Ferrara (Vice-chair)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
vcexp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/vcexp
Meeting
Meetings may be schedule with the necessary 2 weeks notice.
Room Size

NameAhG on Quality of Immersive Visual Media
Mandates
1. Study Draft Overview of Quality Metrics and Methodologies for Immersive Visual Media (AG 05/N00013);
2. Solicit inputs for subjective evaluation methods and objective metrics for immersive video (e.g., 360, MIV, V-PCC, G-PCC);
3. Organize public online workshop(s) on Quality of (Immersive) Media: Assessment and Metrics.
Chairmen
Christian Timmerer (AAU/Bitmovin), Joel Jung (Tencent), Aljosa Smolic (Trinity College Dublin)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAhG on Quality metrics for 2D video using neural-network (NN) based methodologies
Mandates
1. Compile an inventory of available data from past 2D video subjective testing efforts suitable for use as a database for study;  
2. Compile a list of NN-based quality metrics for 2D video to be further studied and investigated, and solicit input for additional NN-based quality metrics for 2D video;
3. Study the correlation between the NN-based quality metrics and subjective test results for 2D video;
4. Continue to expand the database with 2D video data encoded with NN-based video coding methodologies; 
5. Solicit input from experts in NN video coding and quality assessment technologies.
Chairmen
Yan Ye (Alibaba), Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University)
Duration
until the next AG5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwt-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAhG on Guidelines for subjective visual quality evaluation
Mandates
1. Prepare the second draft of the Guidelines for Verification Testing of Visual Media Specifications;
2. Study and define guidelines for remote experts viewing test methods for use in the context of Ad-hoc Groups, and Core or Exploration Experiments.
Chairmen
Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University), Lu Yu (Zhejiang University), Joel Jung (Tencent)
Duration
until the next AG5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwt-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAhG on Video-based Graphics Coding
Mandates
1.	Update the V-PCC TMs (SW and documentation) during the editing period
2.	Conduct activities to improve V-PCC Conformance and V-PCC Reference SW
3.	Conduct the V-PCC experiments for future enhancements
4.	Coordinate activities on V-PCC Verification Tests
5.	Coordinate scientific and technical dissemination of V-PCC
6.	Coordinate communications of V-PCC to fairs, exhibitions, workshops, webinars, and enrich www.mpeg-pcc.org with relevant information about V-PCC, enrich Wikipedia pages on V-PCC
7.	Solicit additional data sets for all categories
8.	Solicit contributions to encapsulate V-PCC in scene graph 
9.	Coordinate activities on Mesh use cases and requirements
10.	Coordinate activities related to Mesh CfP (Metrics, Anchors, Dataset, subjective evaluation preparation, CfP text)
Chairmen
Ralf Schaefer (Chair), Khaled Mammou, Madhukar Budagavi
Duration
Until 4th MPEG WG7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc AT gti. ssr. upm. es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

NameAhG on Geometry-based Point Cloud Compression
Mandates
1. Improve documentation material for G-PCC
2. Update the TMs (SW and documentation) during the editing period
3. Update G-PCC Conformance bitstream and G-PCC Reference SW 
4. Update the CTC and provide updated anchor points
5. Conduct the G-PCC experiments for future enhancements
6. Solicit contributions on additional G-PCC use cases
7. Coordinate scientific and technical dissemination of G-PCC
8.Coordinate communications of G-PCC to fairs, exhibitions, workshops, webinars, and enrich www.mpeg-pcc.org with relevant information about G-PCC, enrich Wikipedia pages on G-PCC
9. Solicit additional data sets for all categories
10. Solicit contributions to encapsulate G-PCC in scene graph
11. Solicit contributions on next generation compression technology
12. Review the categorization of the point cloud content
Chairmen
Ohji Nakagami (Chair), Toshiyasu Sugio, Sebastien Lasserre
Duration
Until 4th MPEG WG7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc AT gti. ssr. upm. es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions during the week before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

NameAhG on IoMT
Mandates
1.Study and prepare the input for Part 4 Reference Software
2.Solicit contributions on IoMT technologies and use cases for additional MThings characteristics to be used by external services/systems 
3.Explore technologies to describe tasks performed by MThings and the automation of the services deployed over a network of IoMT
Chairmen
Mihai Mitrea, Sang-Kyun Kim
Duration
Until the 4th MPEG WG7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
MIoTW@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.uni-klu.ac.at/mailman/options/MIoTW
Meeting
Several online sessions during the week before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

Ad hoc groups from other meetings:
MPEG 134, MPEG 133, MPEG 132, MPEG 131