Ad hoc groups

Download the current ad hoc group rules for MPEG AGs and WGs here:

Ad hoc groups of MPEG 135

NameAHG on Font Format
Mandates
1. Review and discuss the text of ISO/IEC CD 14496-22 Committee Draft amendment.
2. Explore potential future changes and updates, and propose new work items (if applicable) for consideration in the future new edition of the OFF specification.
Chairmen
Vladimir Levantovsky (Type Standards)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-otspec@lists.aau.at; https://github.com/MPEGGroup/OpenFontFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-otspec
Meeting
Zoom conference call may be held, if necessary (detail information will be posted to the AHG reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on Video-based Graphics Coding
Mandates
1.	Update the V-PCC TMs (SW and documentation) during the editing period
2.	Conduct activities to improve V-PCC Conformance and V-PCC Reference SW
3.	Conduct the V-PCC experiments for future enhancements
4.	Coordinate activities on V-PCC Verification Tests
5.	Coordinate scientific and technical dissemination of V-PCC
6.	Coordinate communications of V-PCC to fairs, exhibitions, workshops, webinars, and enrich www.mpeg-pcc.org with relevant information about V-PCC, enrich Wikipedia pages on V-PCC
7.	Solicit additional data sets for all categories
8.	Solicit contributions to encapsulate V-PCC in scene graph 
9.	Coordinate activities on Mesh use cases and requirements
10.	Coordinate activities related to Mesh CfP (Metrics, Anchors, Dataset, subjective evaluation preparation, CfP text)
11.    Propose corrections for identified issues in the V-PCC spec
Chairmen
Ralf Schaefer (Chair), Khaled Mammou, Madhukar Budagavi
Duration
Until 5th MPEG WG 7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc AT gti. ssr. upm. es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

NameAhG on Geometry-based Point Cloud Compression
Mandates
1.	Improve documentation material for G-PCC
2.	Update the TMs (SW and documentation) during the editing period
3.	Update G-PCC Conformance bitstream and G-PCC Reference SW 
4.	Update the CTC and provide updated anchor points
5.	Conduct the G-PCC experiments for future enhancements
6.	Solicit contributions on additional G-PCC use cases
7.	Coordinate scientific and technical dissemination of G-PCC
8.	Coordinate communications of G-PCC to fairs, exhibitions, workshops, webinars.
9.	Solicit additional data sets for all categories
10.	Solicit contributions to encapsulate G-PCC in scene graph
11.   Prepare the content for the Call for Dataset for Lidar applications
Chairmen
Ohji Nakagami (Chair), Toshiyasu Sugio, Sebastien Lasserre
Duration
Until 5th MPEG WG7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc AT gti. ssr. upm. es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions during the week before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

NameAHG on Essential Video Coding
Mandates
1. Coordinate management of the ETM software and its distribution
2. Coordinate preparation of the EVC white paper
3. Discuss EVC related input documents to WG4 5th meeting
Chairmen
Kiho Choi
Duration
until the 5th MPEG WG4 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-5@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-5
Meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on AI based 3D graphics coding
Mandates
1. conduct AI exploration experiments for PCC
2. analyse and collect relevant dataset for AI based PCC
3. explore new AI solutions for PCC
4. collect requirements and use cases for AI based solutions for 3D graphics coding
Chairmen
Dong Tian (chair), Alexandre Zaghetto, Vladyslav Zakharchenko
Duration
until the 5th WG 7 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-3dgc AT gti. ssr. upm. es
Subscribe
To subscribe, send email to https://mx.gti.ssr.upm.es/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-3dgc
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

NameAhG on IoMT
Mandates
1.Study and prepare the input for Part 4 Reference Software
2.Solicit contributions on IoMT technologies and use cases for additional MThings characteristics to be used by external services/systems 
3.Explore technologies to describe tasks performed by MThings and the automation of the services deployed over a network of IoMT
Chairmen
Mihai Mitrea, Sang-Kyun Kim
Duration
Until the 5th MPEG WG7 Meeting
Reflector(s)
MIoTW@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.uni-klu.ac.at/mailman/options/MIoTW
Meeting
Several online sessions during the week before the next MPEG meeting.
Room Size

NameAhG on Carriage of Green Metadata
Mandates
1. Study VVC decoding complexity and extensions of 23001-11 on decoding complexity metrics for decoder-power reduction
3. Study extensions of 23001-11 on metrics for quality recovery after low-power encoding
4. Study extensions of 23001-11 on signalling for remote decoder-power reduction 
5. Consolidate the WD specification of the 3rd edition of 23001-11 on Carriage of Green Metadata and prepare committee draft
6. Prepare software implementation of the Green Metadata for VVC
Chairmen
Edouard Francois, Christian Herglotz, Yong He
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at – use [green] in email header
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting if necessary
Room Size

NameAhG on Smart Contracts for Media
Mandates
1.	Study and solicit contributions on conformance and reference software validation wrt MPEG XML & RDF media contracts to smart contracts and vice versa, beyond Solidity (e.g., Michelson, Move).
2.	Study and solicit contributions on improving the reference software demonstration wrt artists royalties’ dashboard, for different use cases (e.g., on-demand streaming, digital sale).
3.	Study and solicit contributions on MPEG XML & RDF template contracts validation for music (e.g., IM AF) and media (e.g., DC) applications.
4.	Conduct dissemination activities for the ISO/IEC 21000-23 Smart Contracts for Media (e.g., white paper, webinar, liaisons).
Chairmen
Panos Kudumakis and Xin Wang
Duration
Until the 136th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
smart-contracts@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/smart-contracts
Meeting
Biweekly calls starting Wed 28 July 2021, all at 13:00 UTC (2 h)
Room Size

NameAhG on Video Coding for Machines
Mandates
1. Refine the use cases and requirements document to include new use cases and requirements
2. Study video compression performance to define evaluation baseline
3. Define a specific evaluation pipeline for individual exploration experiment
4. Define specific evaluation criteria and metric for individual exploration experiment
5. Refine anchors for video tasks
6. Collect additional test datasets with ground truth
7. Solicit uncompressed bitstream from feature extractor
Chairmen
Yuan Zhang (China Telecom) zhangy666@chinatelecom.cn 
Manouchehr Rafie (GTI) m.rafie@gyrfalcontech.com
Shan Liu (Tencent) shanl@tencent.com
Duration
Until the 136th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vcm@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-vcm
Meeting
One conference call one month before the MPEG 136 (time to be announced)
Online AhG meetings (to be announced at least one month in advance)
Room Size
100

NameAhG on Market Needs
Mandates
1. To collect member input on the scope of market needs that may be taken into consideration when developing MPEG requirements.
2. To collect member input on a process for assessing and verifying claimed needs.
3. To collect member input on how the MPEG requirement-setting process could reflect market needs.
4. Run the Market Needs of the Data Compression activity until MPEG 136 (Updated)
5. Initiate the Market Needs analysis on Lenslet Video Coding (LVC) until MPEG 137 (New)
Chairmen
Gilles Teniou (Tencent), teniou@tencent.com
Justin Ridge (Nokia), Justin.ridge@nokia.com
Duration
Until MPEG136
Reflector(s)
mpeg-market@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-market
Meeting
2pm-4pm UTC – Monday September 20th
Room Size

NameAHG on Haptics Support in MPEG
Mandates
1. Address and manage any issues that might arise in the ongoing Phase 1 CfP activity
2. Incorporate feedback from other MPEG-I working groups and revise Phase 2 architectures, if necessary
3. Reconfirm/revise the MPEG Haptics Phase 2 requirements and usage scenarios based on information from the second mandate.
4. Update N19513 with the new use cases identified in WG02 N00115 at the same level of detail and specificity as the rest of the MPEG-I Haptics Use Cases.
5. Propose hooks for incorporating haptics functionality into MPEG-I Scene Description 2nd Edition, along the same lines as has been done for Immersive Audio.
6. Study tests, test platforms, and test content options for Phase 2 CfP
Chairmen
Yeshwant Muthusamy, ymuthusamy@immersion.com
Philippe Guillotel, philippe.guillotel@interdigital.com
Duration
Until MPEG136
Reflector(s)
mpeg-haptics@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-haptics
Meeting
Weekly two-hour calls, starting July 27th, 2021 at 1400 UTC.
Room Size
Dial-in details to be provided on the reflector.

NameAHG on MPEG File Formats
Mandates
1.	Support the groups using the file formats (including audio, DASH, CMAF, OMAF, MORE, MIAF, PCC, NBMP et al.)
2.	Study the Technologies under Consideration and Working Draft documents and propose improvements. Study the defect reports and propose corrigendum text.
3.	Study the support for preselection signaling and propose improvements
4.	Study improvements to movie fragments when recording e.g. at gateways.
5.	Study the exploration of uncompressed video support, and propose improvements and ways ahead.
6.	Study the use of T.35 as an extension mechanism as proposed in M55790.
7.	Study the possible application of Derived Volumetric Visual tracks, matching Derived Visual Tracks that are under way.
8.	Study the proposed clarifications on the definition of brands, particularly in the ISO base media file format, and suggest improvements.
9.	Study the support for progressive refinement output in HEIF and propose improvements.
10.	Study the technical gaps for handling the presentation of multi-layer files, notably VVC, (independent layers stored in single track or multiple tracks) in existing applications and interfaces, e.g. HTML 5MSE, mobile OS media API and native applications (GPAC, ffplay, VLC, etc...).
11.	Maintain and update the conformance streams, reference software, white papers and one-pagers, and registration authority, as needed. Study whether conformance checking can be (maybe partially) automated using Kaitai and how the specifications and conformance can be managed as a coordinated workflow. 
12.	Check the specifications for unregistered MIME types and parameters and start registering them. Audit files as needed for the MP4RA.
Chairmen
David Singer (Apple) and Per Fröjdh (Ericsson)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mp4-sys@lists.aau.at
https://github.com/MPEGGroup/FileFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mp4-sys
Meeting
Room Size
0

NameAhG on MPEG & 5G
Mandates
1. Study of 5G use cases, requirements, specifications and new work items that could be relevant to MPEG work.

2. Identify potential new MPEG activities that can help the industry deploy applications, including media services, over 5G.

3. Provide initial requirements for the identified new MPEG activities.

4. Define focused use cases in the area of indoor and outdoor spatial information storage, sharing, mapping, localization, etc. and define requirements in order to identify relevant standards and missing technologies.

5. Create an input document for WG4, WG5,WG6 and WG7 including some typical 3GPP XR use cases for requesting typical bit rates and traffic characteristics for the related media formats.
Chairmen
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Emmanuel Thomas (Xiaomi) thomase@xiaomi.com
Duration
Until MPEG 136
Reflector(s)
mpeg-and-5g@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-and-5g
Meeting
29 September 2021 14:00-16:00 UTC (submission deadline 27 September 2021 23.59 UTC)
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Roadmap
Mandates
1. Update the MPEG roadmap in different formats (Word, long PPT, short PPT, video) according to the periodical schedule. 

2.Update the roadmap presentation layout to a more descriptive form.
Chairmen
Arianne Hinds (Tencent) ahinds@tencent.com
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Sachin Deshpande (Sharp) sdeshpande@sharplabs.com
Duration
until MPEG 136
Reflector(s)
mpegvision@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpegvision
Meeting
30 September 2021 14:00-16:00 UTC (submission deadline 28 September 2021 23.59 UTC)
Room Size

NameAHG on Systems Technologies for Volumetric Media
Mandates
1. Study and solicit contributions to improve 23090-10, 23090-18 and their amendments
2. Discuss open issues in MPEG Git (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/PCC-SYS) and propose recommended dispositions
3. Study commonalities among 23090-2, 23090-10 and 23090-18 and propose common metadata definition to be moved to 23090-7 
4. Study reference software and conformance for 23090-10 (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/PCC-SYS/23090-10-conformance) and 23090-18  (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/PCC-SYS/23090-18-conformance) and solicit contribution to improve them. 
5. Study MPEG-I system decoder architecture and solicit contributions to improve it.
Chairmen
Youngkwon Lim, Lauri Ilola
Duration
until the 5th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
- conference one call per month (detail information will be announced to the gen-sys reflector)
Room Size

NameAHG on Video Decoding Interface
Mandates
1. To study CD (WG03N0290)and TuC (WG03N0301), and solicit contributions to improve it
2. To disseminate to JVET the CD of Video Decoding Interface for Immersive Media
3. To solicit contributions to improve the proposed input formatting library on gitlab (https://gitlab.com/mpeg-i/video-decoding-interface/libbeam)
4. To solicit open source implementation of OpenMAX, MSE or Vulkan to be used as a starting point of implementation of VDI extensions.  
6. To contribute the workshop with Khronos (WG03N0346)
Chairmen
Youngkwon Lim, Emmanuel Thomas, Thomas Stockhammer
Duration
Until the 5th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
-	One conference call in each month
(detail information will be announced to the gen-sys reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on Future Capabilities of MPEG-I
Mandates
1. Draft the white paper according to the ToC provided in m57665 and submit the completed draft to MPEG 136.
2. Host the workshop according to the workshop description in m57663.
3. Continue to refine the requirements document, with a particular focus on identifying potential groupings of requirements that could subsequently become individual specifications in MPEG.
4. Continue to solicit the participation of and engage the ecosystem stakeholders, in particular members of IDEA, MovieLabs, and other SDOs.
5. Continue to refine the use cases referring to m57661 as a starting point.
6. Prepare at least one request for subdivision to launch new work in MPEG to support advanced displays. Ensure that the requirements and use case documents adequately support the subdivision(s).
Chairmen
Arianne T. Hinds (ahinds@tencent.com), Peter Lude (pete@missionrockdigital.com), Thomas Alder (Thomas.alder@otoy.com)
Duration
until the start of MPEG 136
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-exploration@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-exploration
Meeting
90 minute teleconferences starting at 14:00 UTC on the following dates:
22 July 2021
5 August 2021
19 August 2021
2 September 2021
16 September 2021
30 September 2021
Room Size
180 minute teleconference starting at 14:00 UTC on 7 October
Zoom link for all teleconferences: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83341145669?pwd=MjRjTlJFbFB2SXVFeVRndWMzRlFNQT09

NameAhG on Omnidirectional MediA Format (OMAF)
Mandates
1) Study the WD of amendment 1 of OMAF 
2) Study profiles under consideration document and solicit contributions for potential improvement
3) Preparation of OMAFv2 reference software and conformance
4) Handle any possible defect report/ corrigenda and additional inputs for 23090-7 
5) Study the metrics under consideration in the technologies under consideration document
6) Maintain relationship with relevant SDOs, e.g. VRIF, 3GPP SA4
Chairmen
Sachin Deshpande, Ye-Kui Wang, Youngkwon Lim
Duration
Until the next WG3  Meeting (October 2021)
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
1.	Meetings on Friday before WG3 October 2021 meeting (as required):  7:00 PM to 9:00 PM CEST, (via zoom) (with possibility to add two hours additional AHG meeting time with 2-week notice).
Room Size

NameAhG on Data Compression
Mandates
A.	Short term
i.	Develop use case scenarios and requirements.
ii.	Solicit test data for the evaluation of lossless compression tools. 
iii.	Evaluate lossless compression tools with test data (e.g., compression ratio, encoding and decoding time, memory usage, etc.)
iv.	Study the procedural issues (e.g., IPs, software copyrights, versioning, etc.) to reuse or extend the “outside” generic compression tools.  
B.	Long term
i.	Study how to develop more generic (and self-configurable) compression tools
ii.	Study how to expand into other industrial sectors (machineries, health, etc.)
Chairmen
Euee S. Jang (Hanyang University)
Simone Casale Brunet (EPFL)
Duration
Until the 136th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-dc@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://list.aau.ac/mailman/list-info/mpeg-dc
Meeting
1. The first AhG session: Sep. 10, from 13:00 to 15:00 in UTC.
2. The second AhG session: Oct. 1 from 13:00 to 15:00 in UTC.
Room Size
Zoom link and meeting information will be provided through the email reflector.

NameAhG on MPEG DASH
Mandates
1. Study and improve Part 1 draft text of DAM1 (WG3 N0320) and Part 8 CDAM1 (N0339)
2. Study technologies under consideration (TuC; WG3 N0333) and defect under investigation (DuI; WG3 N0300)
3. Continue to work on conformance and reference software
4. Study the preroll/preperiod element and improve the text in draft text DAM1
5. Study the fast tune-in use case and various proposals in TuC and develop a solution
6. Investigate the audio decode during the period transition as indicated in TuC
7. Study and improve the signaling and client processing of events as in TuC and DuI and solicit feedback from the industry on the use of events.
Chairmen
Iraj Sodagar, Christian Timmerer, Ali C. Begen
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
dash@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/dash
Meeting
Conf calls:
    - Monday Aug 2, 16-17 UTC, Agenda: mandate 4
    - Monday Sept 20, 16-17 UTC, agenda: mandate 4 
    - Friday Oct 8, 16-17:30 UTC, Preparation call for MPEG#136
Room Size
Zoom link: https://iso.zoom.us/j/4158105690 
  Password can be found in the MPEG's Nextcloud calendar.

NameAhG on Network-Based Media Processing
Mandates
1. Improve the DAM2 (WG03 N0344) and TuC (WG03 N0287)
2. Improve and update NBMP Implementation Guidelines PDTR (WG03 N0313) including aligning it with NBMP FDIS and DAM1
3. Provide implementibility evidence for reference function templates of DAM1
4. Solicit inputs on the conformance software and test vectors, and OpenAPI descriptions and develop a work plan for them
5. Develop the plan for collaboration with other relevant SDOs, e.g., 3GPP SA4, ATSC, ETSI MEC, and OpenStack Foundation
6. Solicit new NBMP use-cases and applications for the future development of the standard
Chairmen
Kyungmo Park (SK Telecom) and Iraj Sodagar (Tencent)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nbmp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-nbmp
Meeting
No meeting
Room Size

NameAHG on MPEG-I Scene Description
Mandates
1.	Continue the analysis of the capabilities of glTF2.0 and the agreed MPEG Extensions against the requirements for MPEG-I Scene description WG3 N0294 
2.	For each technology in the PoDIS (WG3 N0295) and the TuC (WG3 N0292) for phase 1, identify if it fulfills the requirements in (WG3 N0294), clause 6 and if not, progress the relevant aspects, including specification text, reference software and test scenarios.
3.	For each extension in the PoDIS (WG3 N0295) complete the registration as glTF2.0 extension.
4.	Develop normative text and guidelines for integration of V-PCC, G-PCC and other MPEG 3D technologies into Scene Description jointly with 3DG/video/systems
5.	Study the remaining open issues for phase 1 in the TuC (WG3 N0292) and the new phase 2 issues, including AR, Interactivity and support for haptics.
6.	Collect/coordinate test assets that support the development of the MPEG-I Scene description work according to clause 5 of (WG3 N0293).
7.	Conduct the evaluation experiments on as defined in WG3 N0327 and WG3 N0315 
8.	Collect relevant MPEG media types, add those to the registered media type in an update the PoDIS (WG3 N0295).
9.	Validate all reference software branches, merge them into a single branch, improve the description of the reference software and progress the WD (WG3 N0297).
10.	Monitor ongoing scene description related work in the industry and in other groups and organizations
11.	Conduct a workshop with Khronos as part of the AHG to introduce the extension in the MPEG-I Scene Description and exchange additional information.
Chairmen
Thomas Stockhammer (tsto@qti.qualcomm.com)
Mary-Luc Champel (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Duration
Until MPEG136
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-scene@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-scene
 
Please check gitlab discussions here:
http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/SceneDescription/MPEG-Contributions/issues
Meeting
Workshop (one of the two)

-	September 21/22, 2021 13:00 – 15:30 UTC (15:00 – 17:30 CEST)
-	September 28/29, 2021 13:00 – 15:30 UTC (15:00 – 17:30 CEST)

AHG Calls

-	Monday August 2, 2021 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
-	Monday August 16, 2021 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
-	Monday August 30, 2021 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
-	Monday September 13, 2021 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
-	Friday October 8, 2021 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)

Logistics
-	Zoom: http://iso.zoom.us/my/stockhammer, Passwd as of MPEG#135
-	Chairs create issue in gitlab to collect comments.
-	If MPEG#135 repository is not yet available, use MPEG#134 repository.

Calendar
-	Subscription link for MPEG AHG Calls:  http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy?export
-	Public link for MPEG AHG Calls http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/index.php/apps/calendar/p/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy
Room Size

NameAHG on Compression of Neural Networks for Multimedia Content Description and Analysis
Mandates
1. Maintain data sets and NCTM
2. Perform CEs for incremental NN compression and analyse the results
3. Continue analyzing the state of the art in NN compression and exchange formats 
4. Continue interaction with SC42, FG ML5G, NNEF, ONNX and the AI/ML community
Chairmen
Werner Bailer (chair, werner.bailer@joanneum.at)
Sungmoon Chun (vice-chair, smchun@insignal.co.kr)
Wei Wang (vice-chair, rickweiwang@tencent.com)
Duration
until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nnr@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-nnr
Meeting
Thu/Fri before next MPEG meeting
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Use Cases and Requirements
Mandates
1. Support other Working Groups with the preparation of draft requirements and use case descriptions in a unified way.
2. Gather such requirements and use case descriptions for final refinement and approval by WG2.
3. Progress the development of MPEG-I Part 1 Technical Report to regularly align with the progress of MPEG-I suite standards. 
4. Progress guidelines on the drafting of WG2 requirements.
5. Progress MPEG-I Phase 2 requirements, study the adoption of new requirements brought at MPEG#135, prepare for the publication of a stable version at MPEG#136
Chairmen
Mary-Luc Champel (Xiaomi)
Igor Curcio (Nokia)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-req@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-req
Meeting
2 conference calls (09/09 4pm UTC, 09/23 4pm UTC to be confirmed)
Room Size
50

NameAhG on Quality of Immersive Visual Media
Mandates
1. Study Draft Overview of Quality Metrics and Methodologies for Immersive Visual Media (AG 05/N00013) with respect to new updates presented at this meeting;
2. Solicit inputs for subjective evaluation methods and objective metrics for immersive video (e.g., 360, MIV, V-PCC, G-PCC);
3. Organize public online workshop(s) on Quality of Immersive Media: Assessment and Metrics.
Chairmen
Christian Timmerer (AAU/Bitmovin), Joel Jung (Tencent), Aljosa Smolic (Trinity College Dublin)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date.
Room Size

NameAHG on Application Formats
Mandates
CMAF (Common Media Application Format)
1. Study the TuC/DuI and the Exploration documents and solicit further input
2. Clarify the text regarding edit list
3. Study the use of ISOBMFF type combination and supplemental brands
4. Solicit feedback on the CD of Amd3
5. Solicit further contributions on CMAF conformance and test vectors
6. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab 

MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format)
1. Study the TuC and solicit further input
2. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab
Chairmen
Krasimir Kolarov; Cyril Concolato
Duration
until 136th meeting
Reflector(s)
CMAF - mpeg-cmaf@lists.aau.at
MIAF, VIAF - mpeg-maf-dev@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
CMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-cmaf
MIAF, VIMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-maf-dev
Meeting
Room Size
AF Conference call, October 7, 2021, 17:00-19:00 CEST

NameAhG on MPEG Immersive Video
Mandates
1. Prepare the text of ISO/IEC 23090-12 MPEG Immersive Video
2. Solicit new use cases and requirements for the second edition of MPEG Immersive Video
3. Update the test model for MPEG Immersive Video
4. Prepare conformance and reference software for MPEG Immersive Video
5. Define common test conditions for MPEG Immersive Video
6. Carry on core experiments of MPEG Immersive Video
7. Prepare verification tests for MPEG Immersive Video
8. Carry out exploration experiments on MPEG Immersive Video
9. Promote MPEG Immersive Video outside of MPEG
10. Study new technologies for immersive video coding
Chairmen
Bart Kroon (Philips) (chair)
Vinod Malamal Vadakital (Nokia) (vice-chair)
Joel Jung (Tencent) (vice-chair)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
Aug 3, Aug 24, Sep 14
Oct 6, 7, 8
Room Size
All meetings are 15:00 – 17:00 UTC unless specified otherwise
Offline discussion on GitLab: http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/MIV/InputDocuments

NameAhG on Lenslet Video Coding (LVC)
Mandates
1. Study use cases of Lenslet Video Coding for Dense Light Fields
2. Update requirements of Lenslet Video Coding for Dense Light Fields
3. Define common test conditions of Lenslet Video Coding
4. Carry out exploration experiments on Lenslet Video Coding
5. Prepare for participation in the workshop organized by AG4
6. Prepare call for MPEG-I Visual test materials
Chairmen
Mehrdad Teratani (Université Libre de Bruxelles) (chair)
Xin Jin (Tsinghua University) (vice-chair)
Bart Kroon (Philips) (vice-chair)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
September 9
October 7, 8
Room Size
All meetings are 10:00 - 12:00 UTC unless specified otherwise

NameAhG on Low Complexity Enhancement Video Coding
Mandates
1. Study the test results of the EE
2. Finalise 23094-3 DIS (Conformance and Reference Software) 
3. Discuss input documents to the 5th WG 04 meeting related to LCEVC
Chairmen
Walt Husak (Chair), Simone Ferrara (Vice-chair)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
vcexp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/vcexp
Meeting
Meetings may be schedule with the necessary 2 weeks notice
Room Size

NameAhG on Encoder and Packager Synchronization
Mandates
1. Study the use cases and requirements (N20702) on encoder and packager synchronization and archiving and content management of CMAF files (N20543)
2. Collect further use cases and requirements, discuss the issues on Git (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/exploration-synched-encoding/-/issues)
3. Discuss the standardization path for the following topics: encoder/packager synchronization and content storage, archiving and management. 
4. Prepare a draft CfP with realistic timelines intended for publication at the next meeting.
Chairmen
Rufael Mekuria
Alex Giladi
Khaled Jerbi
Duration
Until the 136th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
synched-encoding@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/synched-encoding
Meeting
Thursday, August 19th, 2021
4-6pm UTC
Thursday, September 16th, 2021
4-6pm UTC
Thursday, Oct. 7th, 2021
4-6pm UTC
(Meetings are in MPEG Systems calendar)
Room Size
Online
Zoom links: To be posted in the reflector

NameAhG on Learning-based quality metrics for 2D video
Mandates
1. Compile and maintain a list of video databases suitable and available to be used in AG5’s studies;  
2. Compile a list of learning-based quality metrics for 2D video to be studied;
3. Evaluate the correlation between the learning-based quality metrics and subjective quality scores in the databases;
Chairmen
Yan Ye (Alibaba), Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University)
Duration
until the next AG5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwt-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date. One meeting on Fri before the MPEG week.
Room Size

NameAhG on Guidelines for subjective visual quality evaluation
Mandates
1. Prepare the third draft of the Guidelines for Verification Testing of Visual Media Specifications;
2. Prepare the second draft of the Guidelines for remote experts viewing test methods for use in the context of Ad-hoc Groups, and Core or Exploration Experiments.
Chairmen
Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University), Lu Yu (Zhejiang University), Joel Jung (Tencent)
Duration
until the next AG5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwt-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date. One meeting on Fri before the MPEG week.
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Media Transport
Mandates
1. Execute the work plan on the conformance including aligning it with MMT 3rd edition and DAM3
2. Solicit inputs on the conformance software and test vectors
3. Study WD and the documents related to MMT, FEC, MPEG-CI and MMT-IG. 
4. Work on the CE on Hyper Media/ 5G-ATSC3.0 MEC use cases and requirements for MMT extension
5. Keep relevant SDOs informed MMT (ITU-T SG16, ATSC, 3GPP, ARIB, etc.,)
Chairmen
Kyungmo Park (SK Telecom)
Duration
until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
MMT-TNT@listserv.uni-hannover.de
Subscribe
MMT-TNT-request@listserv.uni-hannover.de
Meeting
No meeting
Room Size

NameAHG on MPEG-I Audio and Audio Maintenance
Mandates
1.	Execute Workplan on MPEG-I Audio, revising as needed.
2.	Progress documents that support the CfP
3.	Execute Pilot Subjective Tests, as appropriate
4.	Maintain Audio-related conformance data and reference software
Chairmen
Schuyler Quackenbush (ARL) srq at audioresearchlabs . com
Duration
Until 5th WG 6 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-audio-call@audioresearchlabs.com
Subscribe
•	To subscribe or unsubscribe to the list, send email to
the AhG Chair
•	To post on the mailing list, send email to
 mpeg-audio-call@ audioresearchlabs.com 
Note that posting is blocked for non-members
Meeting
Web AhG meetings as follows:
All meeting times are Wednesdays 1400-1600 UTC at Zoom URL
Room Size
Meeting Dates: 	
Dates: Aug 4, Aug 18, Sep 1, Sep 15, 2021

Ad hoc groups from other meetings:
MPEG 136, MPEG 135, MPEG 134, MPEG 133, MPEG 132, MPEG 131