Ad hoc groups

Download the current ad hoc group rules for MPEG AGs and WGs here:

Ad hoc groups of MPEG 136

NameAHG on Font Format
Mandates
1. Review the text of ISO/IEC 14496-22 Draft International Standards amendment 2.
2. Explore potential future changes and updates, and propose new work items (if applicable) for consideration in the future new edition of the OFF specification.
Chairmen
Vladimir Levantovsky (Type Standards)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-otspec@lists.aau.at; https://github.com/MPEGGroup/OpenFontFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-otspec
Meeting
Zoom conference call may be held, if necessary (detailed information will be posted to the AHG reflector)
Room Size

NameAHG on Compression of Neural Networks for Multimedia Content Description and Analysis
Mandates
1. Maintain data sets and NCTM
2. Complete and cross-check conformance bitstreams
3. Perform CEs for incremental NN compression and analyse the results
4. Continue interaction with SC42, FG ML5G, NNEF, ONNX and the AI/ML community
Chairmen
Werner Bailer (chair, werner.bailer@joanneum.at)
Sungmoon Chun (vice-chair, smchun@insignal.co.kr)
Wei Wang (vice-chair, rickweiwang@tencent.com)
Duration
until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nnr@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-nnr
Meeting
Room Size
Thu/Fri before next MPEG meeting

NameAhG on Quality of Immersive Visual Media
Mandates
1. Study Draft Overview of Quality Metrics and Methodologies for Immersive Visual Media (AG 5/N13) with respect to new updates presented at this meeting;
2. Solicit inputs for subjective evaluation methods and objective metrics for immersive video (e.g., 360, MIV, V-PCC, G-PCC);
3. Organize public online workshop(s) on Quality of Immersive Media: Assessment and Metrics.
Chairmen
Christian Timmerer (AAU/Bitmovin), Joel Jung (Tencent), Aljosa Smolic (Trinity College Dublin)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwth-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date. One meeting on Fri at 1300 UTC before the MPEG week.
Room Size

NameAhG on Carriage of Green Metadata
Mandates
1. Study extensions of 23001-11 on decoding complexity metrics for decoder-power reduction
2. Study extensions of 23001-11 on metrics for quality recovery after low-power encoding
3. Study extensions of 23001-11 on signalling for remote decoder-power reduction 
4. Consolidate the CD specification of 23001-11 3rd edition and prepare DIS
5. Prepare software implementation of the Green Metadata for VVC
Chairmen
Edouard Francois (InterDigital), Christian Herglotz (FAU), Yong He (Qualcomm)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at – use [green] in email header
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Several online sessions before the next MPEG meeting if necessary
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Use Cases and Requirements
Mandates
1. Support other Working Groups with the preparation of draft requirements and use case descriptions in a unified way.
2. Gather such requirements and use case descriptions for final refinement and approval by WG2.
3. Progress the development of MPEG-I Part 1 Technical Report to regularly align with the progress of MPEG-I suite standards. 
4. Progress guidelines on the drafting of WG2 requirements.
5. Progress MPEG-I Phase 2 requirements.
Chairmen
Mary-Luc Champel, Xiaomi (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Igor D.D Curcio, Nokia (igor.curcio@nokia.com)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-req@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-req
Meeting
1 online meeting 12/17 at 2pm-3pm UTC
Room Size

NameAhG on Market Needs
Mandates
1. Maintain and consider updates on the scope and process of the Market Needs analysis.
2. Run the Market Needs analysis on the Data Compression (DC) activity until MPEG 137.
3. Run the Market Needs analysis on Lenslet Video Coding (LVC) activity until MPEG 137.
4. Run the Market Needs analysis on scene graph formats (ITMF and USD) until MPEG 137
Chairmen
Gilles Teniou (Tencent), teniou@tencent.com
Justin Ridge (Nokia), justin.ridge@nokia.com
Duration
Until MPEG137
Reflector(s)
mpeg-market@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-market
Meeting
2pm-3pm UTC – Tuesday November 15th (LVC)
5pm-6pm UTC – Wednesday December 8th (SceneGraph)
Room Size

NameAhG on Haptics Support in MPEG
Mandates
1. Review 3GPP TR 22.847 in detail and modify Phase 2 requirements (if deemed necessary) to support the haptics related requirements in that TR.

2. Address non-MPEG-confidential Core Experiment-related issues on the selected Phase 1 RM0 technologies.

3. Incorporate feedback received to refine Phase 2A and Phase 2B architectures.

4. Propose hooks for incorporating haptics functionality into MPEG-I Scene Description 2nd Edition, along the same lines as has been done for Immersive Audio.

5. Continue to study tests, test platforms, and test content options for Phase 2A and 2B.
Chairmen
Yeshwant Muthusamy (ymuthusamy@immersion.com), Philippe Guillotel (Philippe.Guillotel@InterDigital.com)
Duration
Until MPEG137
Reflector(s)
mpeg-haptics@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-haptics
Meeting
Weekly calls starting October 27th, 2021, at 1400 UTC. Dial-in details will be provided.
Room Size
N/A

NameAHG on MPEG File Formats
Mandates
1.	Discuss and address the Github and Gitlab issues.
2.	Support the groups using the file formats (including audio, DASH, CMAF, OMAF, MORE, MIAF, PCC, NBMP et al.)
3.	Study the Technologies under Consideration and Working Draft documents and propose improvements. Study the defect reports and propose corrigendum text.
4.	Study the proposed clarifications on the definition of brands, particularly in the ISO base media file format, and suggest improvements.
5.	Study improvements to movie fragments especially when recording e.g. at gateways, and dynamic tracks.
6.	Study the use of T.35 as an extension mechanism as proposed in M55790.
7.	Maintain and update the conformance streams, reference software, white papers and one-pagers, and registration authority, as needed. Study whether conformance checking can be (maybe partially) automated using Kaitai or automated parsers, and how the specifications and conformance can be managed as a coordinated workflow. 
8.	Check the specifications for unregistered MIME types and parameters and start registering them. Audit files as needed for the MP4RA.
9.	Consider the designs for renderable text in the HEIF format.
Chairmen
David Singer (Apple) and Per Fröjdh (Ericsson)
Duration
Until next meeting
Reflector(s)
mp4-sys@lists.aau.at
https://github.com/MPEGGroup/FileFormat
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mp4-sys
Meeting
yes, virtual via Doodle
Room Size
n/a
2 hours Zoom

NameAhG on Omnidirectional MediA Format (OMAF)
Mandates
1)	Issue CD text for amendment 1 of OMAF
2)	Preparation of OMAF version2 reference software and conformance
3)	Issue FDIS text for Metadata for Immersive Media (23090-7)
4)	Study the metrics under consideration (23090-6 TuC)
5)	Study the technologies under consideration (23090-2 TuC)
6)	Maintain relationship with relevant SDOs, e.g. VRIF, 3GPP SA4
Chairmen
Sachin Deshpande, Ye-Kui Wang, Youngkwon Lim
Duration
Until the next WG3 Meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
Online AHG meeting (as required) will be announced 2 weeks in advance
Room Size

NameAhG on Future Capabilities of MPEG-I
Mandates
1. Begin the technical report as proposed as 'Part 1' in m57979.
2. Begin to draft a proposed Working Draft as described in 'Part 2' in m57979.
3. Continue to refine both use cases and requirements documents previously published by MPEG for this activity.
4. Continue to solicit the participation of and engage ecosystem stakeholders.
5. Continue to draft the white paper previously requested by MPEG for this activity.
Chairmen
Arianne T. Hinds (ahinds@tencent.com), Peter Lude (pete@missionrockdigital.com), Thomas Alder (Thomas.alder@otoy.com)
Duration
until the start of MPEG 137
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-exploration@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-exploration
Meeting
Room Size
Bi-weekly on Thursdays at 14:00 to 15:30
Proposed dates: 21 October, 4 November, 18 November, 2 December, 16 December, 6 January 2022, 13 January (for 3 hours)

NameAhG on Network-Based Media Processing
Mandates
1. Improve the potential improvement to DAM1 (WG03 N0394) and TuC (WG03 N0363)
2. Improve and update NBMP Implementation Guidelines draft text DTR (WG03 N0419) including aligning it with NBMP FDIS and DAM1
3. Provide implementibility evidence for reference function templates of the 2nd edition
4. Solicit inputs on the conformance software and test vectors, and OpenAPI descriptions and develop a work plan for them
5. Develop the plan for collaboration with other relevant SDOs, e.g., 3GPP SA4, ATSC, ETSI MEC, and OpenStack Foundation
6. Solicit new NBMP use-cases and applications for the future development of the standard
Chairmen
Kyungmo Park (SK Telecom), and Iraj Sodagar (Tencent)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-nbmp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-nbmp
Meeting
no meeting
Room Size

NameAHG on Application Formats
Mandates
CMAF (Common Media Application Format)
1. Study the TuC/DuI and the Exploration documents and solicit further input
2. Clarify the text regarding edit list
3. Study the use of ISOBMFF type combination and supplemental brands
4. Solicit feedback on the DIS of Amd1 of Ed 3
5. Solicit further contributions on CMAF conformance and test vectors
6. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab 

MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format)
1. Study the TuC and solicit further input
2. Solicit feedback on the open issues on GitHub and GitLab
Chairmen
Krasimir Kolarov; Cyril Concolato
Duration
until 137th meeting
Reflector(s)
CMAF - mpeg-cmaf@lists.aau.at
MIAF, VIAF - mpeg-maf-dev@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
CMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-cmaf
MIAF, VIMAF - https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-maf-dev
Meeting
Room Size
AF Conference call, AdHoc call in November on GitHub/GitLab issues; January 13, 2022, 17:00-19:00 CEST

NameAhG on MPEG DASH
Mandates
1. Study and improve Part 1 draft text of DAM1 (WG3 N0386), and Part 8 DAM1 (N0399)
2. Study technologies under consideration (TuC; WG3 N0393) and defect under investigation (DuI; WG3 N0374)
3. Continue to work on conformance and reference software
4. Study the preroll/preperiod element of  the draft text DAM1, and  reverse MPD chaining and MPD stack chaining of TuC, and finalize the solution
5. Study the fast tune-in use case and various proposals in TuC and develop a solution
6. Study and improve the signaling and client processing of events as in TuC and DuI and address SCTE/DVB questions on this topic.
7. Improve the text of EDRAP based streaming in DAM2 WD (N0425).
8. Address the need and scope of standardization on HTTP Adaptation Parameters to Support Server-Side Dynamic Adaptation for DASH in TuC
9. Address DVB questions regarding MPD update requirements as indicated in its liaison
Chairmen
Iraj Sodagar, Christian Timmerer, Ali C. Begen
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
dash@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/dash
Meeting
Conf calls:

-	Monday Nov 8, 16-17:30 UTC, Agenda: mandates 5 and 7
-	Monday Dec 13, 16-17:30 UTC, Agenda: mandate 4 
-	Friday Jan 14, 17-18:30 UTC, Preparation call for MPEG#137
Room Size
Zoom link: https://iso.zoom.us/j/4158105690 
  Password in MPEG's Nextcloud calendar.

NameAHG on Systems Technologies for Volumetric Media
Mandates
1. Study and solicit contributions to improve 23090-10, 23090-18 and their amendments
2. Discuss open issues in MPEG Git (http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/Systems/PCC-SYS) and propose recommended dispositions
3. Study commonalities among 23090-2, 23090-10 and 23090-18 and propose common metadata definition to be moved to 23090-7 
4. Study reference software and conformance for 23090-10 and 23090-18  and solicit contribution to improve them. 
5. Study MPEG-I system decoder architecture and solicit contributions to improve it.
Chairmen
Youngkwon Lim, Lauri Ilola
Duration
until the 6th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
http://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
- biweekly conference calls (detail information will be announced to the gen-sys reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on Video Decoding Interface
Mandates
1. To study CD (WG03N0290)and TuC (WG03N0301), and solicit contributions to improve it
2. To disseminate to JVET the CD of Video Decoding Interface for Immersive Media
3. To solicit contributions to improve the proposed input formatting library on gitlab (https://gitlab.com/mpeg-i/video-decoding-interface/libbeam)
4. To solicit open source implementation of OpenMAX, MSE or Vulkan to be used as a starting point of implementation of VDI extensions.  
6. To solicit the contributions to improve SEI messages for input formatting function
Chairmen
Youngkwon Lim, Emmanuel Thomas, Thomas Stockhammer
Duration
Until the 6th MPEG Systems WG meeting
Reflector(s)
gen-sys@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/gen-sys
Meeting
-	One conference call in each month
(detail information will be announced to the gen-sys reflector)
Room Size

NameAhG on Video Coding for Machines
Mandates
Track 1 - Feature extraction and compression tasks
1.Clearly identify and validate the use cases for feature extraction and compression
2.Refine the requirements related to feature extraction and compression
3.Finalize the architecture for video features coding for machines
4.Consider evidence on feature extraction and compression technologies AI tasks and report to WG2 the status of evidence that may lead to a CfE
5.Identify test datasets to be used in a CfE, with the goal of finalizing the datasets by MPEG 137
6.Define a single set of common agreed anchors to be used in the CfE with the aim of finalization by MPEG 138
7.Define evaluation framework and common test conditions based on the documents for VCM
Estimated schedule:
Draft CfE: April 2022. 
CfE: July 2022.

Track 2 - Image and video compression tasks
1.Finalize the requirements
2.Refine the evaluation framework and common test conditions based on the documents for VCM
3.Refine anchors for image and video datasets
4.Finalize the test datasets to be used in the CfP
5.Prepare a draft CfP document to be considered at MPEG 137
Estimated schedule:
Draft CfP: January 2022.
CfP: April 2022.

Note: Documents shall be submitted to specific tracks.
Chairmen
Yuan Zhang (China Telecom) zhangy666@chinatelecom.cn 
Manouchehr Rafie (GTI) m.rafie@gyrfalcontech.com
Shan Liu (Tencent) shanl@tencent.com
Christopher Hollmann (Ericsson) christopher.hollmann@ericsson.com
Duration
Until the 137th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vcm@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-vcm
Meeting
Two conference calls will be arranged on the track basis before the MPEG 137 (time to be announced)
AhG meetings: 0500-0700, 1300-1500 UTC Thursday, 0500-0700, 1300-1500 UTC Friday before MPEG-137
Room Size
100

NameAhG on Smart Contracts for Media
Mandates
1.	Study and solicit contributions on conformance and reference software validation wrt MPEG XML & RDF media contracts to smart contracts and vice versa, beyond Solidity/Ethereum, that is, Michelson/Tezos for CEL and Teal/Algorand for MCO.

2.	Study and solicit contributions on improving the reference software demonstration wrt a) ID@RT rights metadata API, b) CEL/MCO template contracts validation and c) artists royalties’ dashboard, for different use cases (e.g., on-demand streaming, digital sale, radio broadcast).

3.	Conduct dissemination activities for the ISO/IEC 21000-23 Smart Contracts for Media (e.g., white paper, webinar, liaisons).
Chairmen
Panos Kudumakis and Xin Wang
Duration
Until the 137th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
smart-contracts@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/smart-contracts
Meeting
Biweekly calls starting Wed 27 Oct. 2021, all at 13:00 UTC (2 h)
Room Size

NameAhG on Low Complexity Enhancement Video Coding
Mandates
1. Review and address comments from ballot 23094-3 DIS (Conformance and Reference Software)
2. Prepare text and electronic attachment of ISO/IEC 23094-3 FDIS
3. Coordinate preparation of LCEVC white paper
4. Discuss input documents to the 6th WG 04 meeting related to LCEVC
Chairmen
Walt Husak (Chair), Simone Ferrara (Vice-Chair)
Duration
Until the next WG4 meeting
Reflector(s)
vcexp@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/vcexp
Meeting
Zoom call may be held ahead of meeting - will be announced via reflector
Room Size

NameAhG on Data Compression
Mandates
A. Short term
i. Develop use case scenarios and requirements.
ii. Solicit test data for the evaluation of lossless compression tools.
iii. Evaluate lossless compression tools with test data (e.g., compression ratio, encoding and decoding time, memory usage, etc.)
iv. Study the procedural issues (e.g, IPs, software copyrights, versioning, etc.) to reuse or extend the exiting generic compression tools.
B. Long term
i. Study how to develop more (and self-configurable) compression tools.
ii. Study how to expand into other industrial sectors (machineries, health, etc.).
Chairmen
Euee S. Jang (Hanyang University)
Simone Casale Brunet (EPFL)
Duration
Untile the 137th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-dc@list.aau.at
Subscribe
https://list.aau.at/mailman/list-info/mpeg-dc
Meeting
No meeting.
Room Size

NameAhG on Encoder and Packager Synchronization
Mandates
1. Review the draft CfP and steer it to community consensus 
2. Distribute information and increase awareness of this activity to potential proponents and implementors
3. Organize an AhG call in January
Chairmen
Rufael Mekuria
Alex Giladi
Khaled Jerbi
Duration
Until the 137th MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
synched-encoding@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/synched-encoding
Meeting
A call prior to the MPEG meeting
Room Size
Zoom links: To be posted in the reflector
Online

NameAHG on Essential Video Coding
Mandates
1. Coordinate management of the ETM software and its distribution
2. Discuss EVC related input documents to WG4 6th meeting
Chairmen
Roman Chernyak (Huawei)
Kiho Choi (Gachon University)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-5@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-5
Meeting
Friday before next MPEG meeting
Room Size

NameAHG on MPEG-I Scene Description
Mandates
1.	Complete the analysis of the capabilities of glTF2.0 and the agreed MPEG Extensions against the requirements for MPEG-I Scene description WG3 N0369 
2.	For each technology in the draft FDIS (WG3 N0421) for phase 1, identify if it fulfills the requirements in (WG3 N0369), clause 6 and if not, progress the relevant aspects, including specification text, reference software and test scenarios.
3.	For each extension in the draft FDIS (WG3 N0421) complete the registration form as glTF2.0 extension and communicate with Khronos.
4.	Dispose all NB comments from draft DoC (WG3 N0387) and produce a stable version of FDIS.
5.	Address the integration of V-PCC, G-PCC, V3C and other MPEG codecs and technologies into Scene Description jointly with 3DG/video/systems/audio based on m52389 
6.	Progress the issues in the TuC and the new phase 2 issues, including AR, Interactivity and support for haptics.
7.	Collect/coordinate test assets that support the development of the MPEG-I Scene description work according to clause 5 of (WG3 N0368).
8.	Conduct the evaluation experiments on as defined in WG3 N0383 
9.	Validate all reference software branches, merge them into a single branch, improve the description of the reference software and progress the WD (WG3 N0389).
10.	Monitor ongoing scene description related work in the industry and in other groups and organizations
11.	Communicate with Khronos on the MPEG extensions and other relevant topics related to Scene Description
Chairmen
Thomas Stockhammer (tsto@qti.qualcomm.com)
Mary-Luc Champel (champelmaryluc@xiaomi.com)
Duration
Until MPEG137
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-scene@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-scene
 
Please check gitlab discussions here:
http://mpegx.int-evry.fr/software/MPEG/SceneDescription/MPEG-Contributions/issues
Meeting
AHG Extended Meeting
•	December 8-10, 2021

NOTE: The morning sessions will be dedicated to FDIS editing. The afternoon sessions will be dedicated to discussing contributions.

AHG Calls
•	Monday October 25, 2021 13:30 – 15:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
•	Monday November 8, 2021 14:30 – 16:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
•	Monday November 22, 2021 14:30 – 16:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
•	Monday December 20, 2021 14:30 – 16:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)
•	Friday January 14, 2022 14:30 – 16:00 UTC (15:30 – 17:00 CEST)

Logistics
-	Zoom: http://iso.zoom.us/my/stockhammer, Passwd as of MPEG#136
-	Chairs create issue in gitlab to collect comments.
-	If MPEG#137 repository is not yet available, use MPEG#136 repository.

Calendar
-	Subscription link for MPEG AHG Calls:  http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/public-calendars/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy?export
-	Public link for MPEG AHG Calls http://mpeg.expert/live/nextcloud/index.php/apps/calendar/p/HAwkATGsmc5bN3Qy
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Immersive video
Mandates
1. Prepare verification tests for MPEG Immersive video
2. Prepare conformance and reference software for MPEG Immersive video
3. Solicit new use cases and requirements for the second edition of MPEG Immersive video
4. Call for MPEG Immersive video test materials
5. Update the test model for MPEG Immersive video
6. Define common test conditions for MPEG Immersive video
7. Carry out exploration experiments on MPEG Immersive video
8. Promote MPEG Immersive video outside of MPEG
9. Study new technologies for immersive video coding
Chairmen
Bart Kroon (Philips) (chair)
Vinod Malamal Vadakital (Nokia) (vice-chair)
Joel Jung (Tencent) (vice-chair)
Duration
Until the next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
Nov 2, Nov 23, Dec 14
Jan 4 (with AG 5)
Jan 12, 13, 14
Room Size
Zoom
All meetings are 15:00 – 17:00 UTC unless specified otherwise
Meeting ID: 957 8481 1689
Password: MPEGIVisua

NameAhG on MPEG & 5G
Mandates
1. Study of 5G use cases, requirements, specifications and new work items that could be relevant to MPEG work.

2. Identify potential new MPEG activities that can help the industry deploy applications, including media services, over 5G.

3. Provide initial requirements for the identified new MPEG activities.

4. Define focused use cases in the area of indoor and outdoor spatial information storage, sharing, mapping, localization, etc. and define requirements in order to identify relevant standards and missing technologies.

5. Solicit contributions on a document including 3GPP XR use cases in order to
gather typical traffic characteristics of media types from WGs 4,5,6,7.
Chairmen
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Emmanuel Thomas (Xiaomi) thomase@xiaomi.com
Duration
Until MPEG 137
Reflector(s)
mpeg-and-5g@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-and-5g
Meeting
2 December 2021 15:00-17:00 UTC (submission deadline 30 November 2021 23.59 UTC)
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG Roadmap
Mandates
1.Update the MPEG roadmap in different formats (Word, long PPT, short PPT,
video, web) according to the periodical schedule and the BoG report notes.
2. Gather input from the WG convenors about Annex B and C of the Word doc.
3. Discuss with the convenors how to collect feedback from the industry (e.g.,
via a survey on mpeg.org).
Chairmen
Arianne Hinds (Tencent) ahinds@tencent.com
Igor D.D. Curcio (Nokia) igor.curcio@nokia.com
Sachin Deshpande (Sharp) sdeshpande@sharplabs.com
Duration
Until MPEG 137
Reflector(s)
mpegvision@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpegvision
Meeting
3 December 2021 15:00-17:00 UTC (submission deadline 1 December 2021 23.59 UTC)
Room Size

NameAhG on Lenslet Video Coding (LVC)
Mandates
1. Study use cases of Lenslet Video Coding for Dense Light Fields
2. Update requirements of Lenslet Video Coding for Dense Light Fields
3. Define common test conditions of Lenslet Video Coding
4. Carry out exploration experiments on Lenslet Video Coding
5. Collect test materials for Lenslet Video Coding
6. Encourage input responses to WG2N101 call for market needs of Lenslet Video Coding 
7. Prepare the draft Call for Proposals (CfP) for Lenslet Video Coding
Chairmen
Mehrdad Teratani (Université Libre de Bruxelle)
Xin Jin (Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School)
Duration
Until next MPEG meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-i-visual@lists.aau.at
Subscribe
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-i-visual
Meeting
9 December 2021
13, 14 January 2022
Room Size
All meeting are AM12:00 - 14:00 UTC unless specified otherwise

NameAhG on Learning-based Quality Metrics for 2D Video
Mandates
1. Compile and maintain a list of video databases suitable and available to be used in AG5’s study;  
2. Compile and maintain a list of learning-based quality metrics for 2D video to be studied;
3. Evaluate the correlation between the learning-based quality metrics and subjective quality scores in the databases;
4. Study the suitability of learning-based quality metrics for evaluating compression performance.
Chairmen
Yan Ye (Alibaba), Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University)
Duration
until the next AG5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwt-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date. One meeting on Fri 0500 UTC before the MPEG week.
Room Size

NameAhG on Guidelines for Subjective Visual Quality Evaluation
Mandates
1. Prepare the output document on Guidelines for Verification Testing of Visual Media Specifications;
2. Prepare the output document on Guidelines for remote experts viewing test methods for use in the context of Ad-hoc Groups, and Core or Exploration Experiments;
3. Consider extensions of the guidelines for remote experts viewing for more test types.
Chairmen
Mathias Wien (RWTH Aachen University), Lu Yu (Zhejiang University), Joel Jung (Tencent)
Duration
until the next AG5 meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-vqa@lists.rwt-aachen.de
Subscribe
https://lists.rwth-aachen.de/postorius/lists/mpeg-vqa.lists.rwth-aachen.de/
Meeting
Meetings are held online and are to be announced at least two weeks before the AHG meeting date. One meeting on Fri 1400 UTC before the MPEG week.
Room Size

NameAhG on MPEG-I Immersive Audio and Audio Maintenance
Mandates
1.	Execute Workplan on MPEG-I Immersive Audio
2.	Resolve all MPEG-I Immersive Audio GIT Issues.
3.	Execute CfP Subjective Tests and associated data analysis
4.	Maintain Audio-related conformance data and reference software
Chairmen
Schuyler Quackenbush (ARL) srq at audioresearchlabs . com
Duration
Until 6th WG 6 Meeting
Reflector(s)
mpeg-audio-call@audioresearchlabs.com
Subscribe
•	To subscribe or unsubscribe to the list, send email to
the AhG Chair
•	To post on the mailing list, send email to
 mpeg-audio-call@ audioresearchlabs.com 
Note that posting is blocked for non-members
Meeting
1400-1500 UTC, Wed Oct 27, Wed Nov 3, Thu Nov 11, Wed Dec 1, 2021
Room Size
All meetings via Zoom
URL in document WG6 N0104

Ad hoc groups from other meetings:
MPEG 136, MPEG 135, MPEG 134, MPEG 133, MPEG 132, MPEG 131